Hardware Design Engineer II
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, in 26 facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. ("NSI"), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM's.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, and systems applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets, recommends and implements customer requirements and specifications for circuit design and development of instrument cluster hardware.
- Conducts design trade-off analysis, and capability studies.
- Conducts a thorough study of vehicle side interface and circuits.
- Interfaces with customer and internal engineering teams (mechanical and system/software) to define hardware requirements and specifications.
- Examines design feasibility by performing worst case circuit analysis.
- Prepares and presents technical reports, design proposals, functional specifications, and project timelines to customers and management.
- Maintains internal and customer related open issues list during development phase.
- Generates diagrams and schematics using circuit design software tools.
- Designs 32 BIT microcontroller unit (MCU) based circuits/systems.
- Designs 32/64 BIT graphic processing unit (GPU) based systems.
- Develops system design sheet based on customer specifications and internal design procedures.
- Documents hardware related timing for power up/down sequence.
- Creates artwork design rules and guidelines to be used by artwork engineers.
- Partners with mechanical design engineers to create component layout and design rules.
- Prepares, presents and obtains customer approval of component and sub-system level DFMEA documents.
- Designs and builds test switch boxes, harnesses, and breadboards.
- Analyzes customer validation documents, develops test plans for electrical and EMC testing, supports DVP & R document creation, and coordinates validation schedule with appropriate parties.
- Conducts vehicle level electrical functional test, and reports findings to hardware management and customer.
- Provides status updates on project activities and progress to hardware supervisor/ manager.
- Conducts component and process cost reduction studies.
- Analyzes warranty return issues and implement necessary design changes.
- Supports electrical portion of RFQ activities for obtaining new business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or computer engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- 5 years of experience designing instrument panel cluster hardware or similar electrical components.
- Work requires the ability to design electrical hardware and printed circuit boards.
- Work requires the ability to create EMC/Electrical designs/32 BIT based MCU systems.
- Work requires knowledge of analog/digital circuitry and printed circuit board assembly process.
- Work requires the ability to use hardware schematic capture software (such as Zuken).
- Work requires the ability to us testing tools such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supply, digital multimeter, and ARB waveform FCN generator to test hardware functionality.
- Work requires knowledge of tolerance and worst case analysis methodologies.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
- Work requires the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
See Job Description
N.S. International, Ltd. is a tier one supplier of Instrument Cluster and Head-Up Display systems to many major automotive OEMs including: General Motors, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), Honda and BMW. NSI supplies other parts and equipment including fuel gauges, speedometers, tachometers, and a variety of other gauges to Harley Davidson, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Suzuki and others.
N.S. International, Ltd. houses a team of professionals who provide face-to-face support to our customers covering the complete product life cycle. Our onsite expertise includes: Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Design Engineering and Program Management.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 21:03:12 PDT