Administrative Events Coordinator - Kaye Playhouse
Reporting to the Performing Arts Center Manager, the Box Office Coordinator supports the day-to-day operation of The Kaye Playhouse Box Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with internal and external clients in order to determine appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies, ticketing, and other options for upcoming ticketed events.
- Enter events in ticketing software, print and secure all tickets, and manage consignment sales with the clients.
- Supervise all ticket sales via phone, fax and/or walk-up and resolve ticketing problems as they arise.
- Maintain electronic event records and create regular and ad hoc reports including revenue, event sales and weekly sales for management and clients.
- Publicize events by updating campus, The Kaye Playhouse, and outside electronic calendars with upcoming events and preparing and distributing printed materials to appropriate campus outlets.
- Update and maintain The Kaye Playhouse's website.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Knowledge of ARTIFAX and PROVENUE
- Knowledge of theater box office financial reconciliation and reporting
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Assists in planning, preparing for, and executing special events of various kinds.
- Assists in logistical and program planning for seminars, conferences, and special events.
- Represents unit to internal and external organizations and vendors, handling many inquiries independently.
- Organizes correspondence, accounts, contracts, and billing for all events.
- Creates and distributes marketing communications and materials; create and distribute any required event materials.
- Coordinates invitations, reservations, and ticket arrangements as needed; manages travel arrangements and/or special guest requirements.
- Assures technology and equipment are available as needed and operate properly.
- Collects information to evaluate program/event success, and report results to management.
Job Title Name: Administrative Events Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$38,701 - $50,397
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin February 21, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Administrative Events Coordinator - Kaye Playhouse
Job ID: 16303
Full/Part Time: Full-Time