Executive Director of Events, Camps, & Conf and GM of the KSU Sports and Rec Park
The Executive Director of Events, Camps, & Conf and GM of the KSU Sports and Recreation Park is responsible for the leadership and administration of all conference and event management services provided through the Office of Events, Camps, & Conferences. A full line of scheduling, coordination, financial and registration services are offered to internal constituencies and external clients utilizing campus housing, dining and meeting facilities/services. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and making pay recommendations. Responsible for all compliance matters including minors on campus, alcohol and tobacco use restrictions, and other risk management matters.
As the General Manager of the Sports and Recreation Park, this person is responsible for overseeing scheduling and managing, developing, and marketing programs in and for the Park. The park hosts KSU intramural, sports club, and NCAA athletic activities, sports and recreation events oriented to the local, state-wide, national, and global communities, and student and community oriented entertainment events including concerts, festivals, and other events appropriate to a university campus.
IMPACT & INFLUENCE:
The position will interact on a consistent basis with: Athletic division, Student Affairs division, Business and Finance partners, including Housing, Dining, Parking, and Transportation, KSU staff and faculty, vendors and outside/3rd party groups who want to use KSU facilities for events, camps, and conferences. The position typically will advise and counsel: Housing management, Institute administration, KSU staff and students, vendors, organizers and planners. The position will supervise University Events Staff, Sports Park Staff, and Minors on Campus Compliance Staff.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage administrative activities of rapidly growing operation.
- Ensure operation complies with the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of the University.
- Ensure operation complies with rules, regulations and laws of the University System of Georgia, State of Georgia and Federal.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with campus constituencies and community entities in accommodation and promotion of Kennesaw State University conference facilities and services.
- Develop and implement marketing goals and plans to attract and retain targeted conference groups and types to campus.
- Manage the KSU Sports and Recreation Park, including the KSU Stadium, keeping in mind always that the primary purpose of the Park is to satisfy the needs of the KSU community, especially students
- Work with KSU Facilities and other departments to cross-utilize staff and resources in a cost effective manner, remaining cognizant of the needs of the entire campus and to assure that the Park and its infrastructure is maintained to the highest levels of preventative maintenance and operational readiness.
- Develop and maintain a culture of enthusiastic service-based excellence, delivered via the concepts of Park safety, service, product, value, and cleanliness.
- Manage the marketing message by developing various distribution channels.
- Seek corporate and other partnerships/sponsorships to reduce operating costs, deliver messaging, and create goodwill.
- Manage relationships with consultants, vendors, and agencies as necessary to develop the brand both conceptually and visually.
- Work with KSU departments as needed to find ways to expand the use of the resources of the Sports and Recreation Park to create additional learning experiences.
- Create relationships with the community to maximize facility use and to assist efforts to attract students to KSU by providing first-class spectator and participant experiences.
- Develop operating scenarios/models for events and maintain an accurate accounting of costs and revenues.
- In conjunction with Auxiliary Services, develop new retail, food, and service related revenue streams for events, camps, and conferences.
- In conjunction with Housing and Residence Life, develop revenue streams for camps.
- Evaluate, maintain, and administer internal process protocol, policies, procedures, and standards over multiple lines of business.
- Establish and implement unit's operational budget and ensure proper reporting of revenue, expenses, and procurement. Also, contribute to creation and oversight of departmental budget.
- Create, supervise and evaluate full-time professional positions and reporting structure.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This position will require a cleared motor vehicle history check as a pre-requisite of employment due to the requirement of driving to multi-campus locations. This position will require the passing of a credit history check as a pre-requisite of employment due to access to secured financial information.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 9+ years comparable/related experience; management/supervisory skills are required.
Preferred qualifications:The job requires skills in administration, negotiation, event planning and customer service within an institutional environment. Skills include: Strategic thought, assessment/analysis, supervision/leadership, mediation, organization, technology application, project management, financial management and crisis management. Use of office and event management related computer applications is required. Master's degree preferred and 9 years of experience preferred
Minimum four years of supervisor experience preferred
Certifications or licenses preferred: CCEP, CMP