Lecturer of Instruction and Clinical Teaching Director (Summer 2017)
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000215
Job Title Lecturer of Instruction and Clinical Teaching Director (Summer 2017)
The School of Education seeks a Lecturer of Instruction and Clinical Teaching Director. This appointment, which begins Summer 2017, is a non-tenure track, 11-month appointment. All standard University of North Texas-Dallas, School of Education, and relevant faculty personnel rules and procedures apply to this position. UNT Dallas - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - offers the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban, comprehensive university.
The successful practitioner candidate will be expected to:
(1) teach undergraduate and graduate courses in the teacher preparation program;
(2) collaborate closely with local school districts to implement and supervise a high-quality, field-based, clinical teaching program;
(3) Conduct performance assessments (PAs) of teacher candidates 4 times per year;
(4) Ensure accurate entry of performance ratings by director and teacher candidate within 48 hours following the performance assessment;
(5) Ensure recording, uploading (within 48-hours of PA) and accurate labeling of performance assessments and POP cycle recordings into data system;
(6) Collaborate with district and school administrators to select high-quality mentor teachers;
(7) Analyze, interpret and respond to weekly mentor surveys;
(8) Conduct monthly mentor teacher trainings with the support of local professional development facilitators;
(9) Facilitate quarterly principal meetings (Governance Meetings) to create & foster a positive relationship with district and school site staff;
(10) Participate in recruitment of new teacher candidates;
(11) Attend and participate in coordinator training and ongoing professional development meetings;
(12) Maintain a frequent, recurring presence in the school sites;
(13) Supervise other field-based clinical supervisors; and
(14) Coordinate closely with Field Placement Coordinator.
As a young university in a growing sector of Dallas, UNTD is committed to academic excellence, community engagement, and student success. Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 to 3,020 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas is part of the University of North Texas System, which also includes UNT Denton and the UNT Health Sciences Center. The UNT Dallas College of Law, located on the UNT System's downtown campus, began instruction in Fall 2014. The university is fully committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and student body. For more information about UNT Dallas, please visit our website at http://www.unt.edu/dallas.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
• Master's Degree in education-related field
• Minimum of three years of PK-12 teaching experience and a track-record of achieving student success in a public school or charter school setting
• Current Teacher Certification; elementary and bilingual/special education certifications preferred
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Proficient with a variety of technology and computer hardware and software
• Experience in instructional leadership, coaching, and facilitation of professional development
• Experience in data analysis and program evaluation
• Ability to develop and sustain school/community/university partnerships
• Higher education teaching experience, including face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
• Have experience with culturally diverse students
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 06/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit CV; letter of application outlining the applicant's interest, qualifications, and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references; and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Maria Cardona-brooks at Maria.Cardonaemail@example.com, or by calling 972-338-1502. Questions can also be directed to Dr. Gasko at John.Gasko@untdallas.edu. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested. Skype interviews of semi-finalists may be conducted. Finalists will be required to present a job talk and teaching demonstration.
For best consideration, applications should be received by April 1, 2017.
Position will remain open until filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Do you have a Master's degree in education or a related field?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching philosophy
- Teacher certification
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- PhD or other Doctoral Degree