Assistant Professor of Business - Economics
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000208
Job Title Assistant Professor of Business - Economics
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Business (Economics) starting in fall 2017. UNT Dallas - the first public institution of higher education in the City of Dallas - offers faculty the unique opportunity to help shape the character of a 21st century, learner-focused, urban comprehensive university.
Responsibilities: This position is a tenure-track position which will be responsible for teaching four courses per semester and engaging in applied research/scholarly activities and community development. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in service activities such as curriculum development, student recruiting, program assessment, program development and leadership, student advisement, and committee leadership.
The University: Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 students to 3,000 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas currently offers a full range of courses leading to undergraduate degrees, and graduate courses leading to master's degrees. UNT Dallas, already among the most diverse universities in the nation, accepted it's first freshman class in fall 2010. For more information about the university, go to: http//dallas.unt.edu/.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit- and takes actions to prevent- discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
- An earned MBA
- An earned doctoral degree in economics
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate and Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses in economics.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Applied research related to one or more of the following areas: microeconomics, macroeconomics, money and banking, public finance, business statistics and econometrics or experience in economic development.
- Experience using technology in teaching, and experience teaching hybrid web or online courses.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to support academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 08/15/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcripts through http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. Applications must be received by February 1, 2017 to receive full consideration.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Ph D
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teaching philosophy