Lecturer Position in Child Development and Family Studies
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000207
Job Title Lecturer Position in Child Development and Family Studies
The program of Child Development and Family Studies at The University of North Texas at Dallas is seeking applications for a full time non-tenure lecturer position to begin in August, 2017. This position includes includes an undergraduate teaching load of 12 hours per semester, with the expectations of student advisement, and participation in departmental, university, and community committees. The Child Development and Family Studies program provides a comprehensive, holistic, and systemic approach to preparing students to become practitioners working with children and families across the lifespan.
• Teaching undergraduate courses12 hours each semester with an opportunity to teach summer courses
• Teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses
• Manages aspects of curriculum development/assessment of program learning outcomes
• Serve as career course advisor when
• Serves on cross functional committees, assisting with strategic planning initiatives, maintaining key liaison relationships, and assist with programs and events
• Complement existing department projects
• Assist with program and curriculum development to achieve the mission, goals and expected programs outcomes, while aligning with national accrediting standards
For this position, the successful candidate must have:
• Ph.D. in Child Development and/or Family Studies, or a related field (a strong ABD may be considered if degree completed by August 20, 2017).
• Applicants will possess the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) credential issued by the National Council on Family Relations.
• Applicants will have a strong teaching background in the area of infant and toddler development and intervention, child development, family theories, development, and crisis, parenting, sexuality, gender, and more within the context of the family.
• Candidates will provide evidence of leadership in program development, curriculum development, community outreach and excellence in teaching.
• Preference will be given to applicants who can contribute to the growth of the Child Development and Family Studies program by providing the leadership necessary to propel the program forward.
• Applicants with professional knowledge, experience, and an understanding of the 2009 Developmentally Appropriate Practice position statement, NAEYC standards for early childhood professional preparation programs, and the NAEYC and NAC accreditation process.
• The applicant must also be familiar with the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) certification process for the CDFS program and the CFLE certification for students.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 08/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a Letter of Interest, Current curriculum vitae, Copy of transcripts showing highest degrees, Teaching philosophy, samples of instructional materials, and three references which include name, address, phone numbers, and email address to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/.
For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Sheryl Santos-hatchett at Sheryl.Santosemail@example.com.
For best consideration, applications should be received by January 15, 2016.
Position will remain open until filled.
University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOE
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a Ph.D. in Child Development, Family Studies, or a related field?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Teaching philosophy
- Post graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Teacher certification