Public Health Adjunct Instructor Pool
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000180
Job Title Public Health Adjunct Instructor Pool
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Public Health Adjunct Instructor
The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, division needs, and dean approval. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
Adjunct faculty plans classes and implements and evaluates teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes. Adjunct faculty undertakes the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours. The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of undergraduate Public Health courses including Introduction to Public Health, Community Health Education Skills and Competencies, Health Promotion Presentation Skills, and Planning, Administration and Evaluation of Health Programs. Other specialized courses could include Environmental Health and Safety, and Public Health Ethics.
• A Master's degree in Public Health with outstanding experience in teaching Public Health courses, OR
• At least 18 graduate hours in a related content field.
• PhD in Public Health with significant experience in health communication and promotion.
• Successful experience teaching adults in a post-secondary institution.
• Excellent communication skills in multicultural settings.
• Experience teaching and developing online courses.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 09/01/2016
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Larry Rapp at Larry.Rapp@untdallas.edu. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Do you have a Master's Degree in Public Health?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Post graduate transcript