Senior Lecturer of Educational Administration (Fall 2017)
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000214
Job Title Senior Lecturer of Educational Administration (Fall 2017)
JOB SUMMARY/BASIC FUNCTION:
The School of Education seeks a Senior Lecturer of Educational Administration, who will contribute to its Master's in Educational Administration program with principal certification program (EC-12). This appointment, which begins Fall 2017, is a non-tenure track, one-year appointment (with the possibility of renewal) at a salary that is competitive and commensurate with rank and experience. All standard University of North Texas-Dallas, School of Education, and relevant faculty personnel rules and procedures apply to this position.
Responsibilities include teaching four courses each semester of the academic year (fall and spring). These courses will be in the educational administration program. Other responsibilities include contributing to program development and student support, serving on portfolio committees, site visits for principal candidates completing internship hours, and engaging in departmental and program-area initiatives. Summer school teaching is possible but is dependent on budget and demand.
As a young university in a growing sector of Dallas, UNTD is committed to academic excellence, community engagement, and student success. Founded in 2000, UNT Dallas has grown from 230 to 3,020 students and is projected to reach 16,000 by 2030. UNT Dallas is part of the University of North Texas System, which also includes UNT Denton and the UNT Health Sciences Center. The UNT Dallas College of Law, located on the UNT System's downtown campus, began instruction in Fall 2014. The university is fully committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and student body. For more information about UNT Dallas, please visit our website at http://www.unt.edu/dallas.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
• Doctoral degree with a minimum of eighteen graduate semester hours related to Education
• Minimum three years of teaching experience in grades EC-12
• Minimum three years campus or district level administration experience
• Current Teacher Certification
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Proficient with a variety of technology and computer hardware and software
• Experience in instructional leadership, coaching, and facilitation of professional development
• Experience in data analysis and program evaluation
• Ability to develop and sustain school/community/university partnerships
• Terminal doctoral degree in the field of Education
• Higher education teaching experience, including face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats
• Have experience with culturally diverse students
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Start Date 09/01/2017
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit CV; letter of application outlining the applicant's interest, qualifications, and experience for the position; contact information for three professional references; statement of teaching philosophy and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Ms. Maria Cardona-Brooks at Maria.Cardona-Brooks@untdallas.edu or by calling 972-338-1502. Statement of teaching interests and teaching philosophy may also be requested. Skype interviews of semi-finalists may be conducted. Finalists will be required to present a job talk and teaching demonstration.
For best consideration, applications should be received by April 1, 2017.
Position will remain open until filled.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- University Website
- HigherEd Jobs
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Professional Organization (Specify Below)
- Newspaper/Trade Magazine (Specify Below)
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Do you have a Doctoral degree with a minimum of eighteen graduate semester hours related to Education?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching philosophy
- Teacher certification
- PhD or other Doctoral Degree
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)