Video Coordinator/Director of Player Development Women's Basketball
University of Delaware
Job Title: Video Coordinator/Director of Player Development Women's Basketball
Job ID: 103977
Location: Newark, DE
Deadline: Open until filled
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Director of Player Development/Video Coordinator reports directly to the Head Coach. This position works in a creative and collaborative team environment where change is embraced and innovation is encouraged. The Video Coordinator is responsible for assisting with various team, management, and administrative duties of the Men's Basketball program as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Liaison to SSA (Student Services for Athletes) and academic counseling to ensure the academic progress of basketball student-athletes.
- Maintain effective relationships with student-athletes, peers, administrators, faculty, media representatives, and the general public; Work to integrate sports into the whole spectrum of academic life to complement the University and its mission in the community.
- File scouting reports that detail player assessments and provide recommendations on athlete recruitment.
- In conjunction with sports performance, athletic trainers and sports medicine staff develop and monitor the conditioning and training program to enhance individual team potential.
- Videotape home and away athletic events as well as scouting and recruiting events. Coordinate streaming broadcasts and produce video content.
- Analyze opponent film and collaborate with coaches in preparation of competition strategy.
- Chart and record statistics to forecast efforts for basketball plays, student athletes and the team. Liaison to all video software companies.
- Participate in activities related to on campus recruiting of prospective student-athletes, as well as off campus recruiting as requested by the Head Coach.
- Provide assistance at conference Media Days.
- Research and execute team building activities.
- Assist with and promote our basketball camps and clinics.
- Know and understand NCAA rules related to the on-going performance of duties within an NCAA Division I program and commitment to follow those rules.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- Previous Experience coaching or playing at the collegiate level or working in an athletic department setting.
- Experience filming sports and a working knowledge of cameras tripods, lighting and audio equipment.
- Academic advising experience desirable.
- Experience and training with video editing software.
- Strong organizational, communication and public relations skills.
This position will require a flexible work schedule based on events including evenings, weekends and holiday. Travel will be required.
How To Apply
When applying please submit a one-page cover letter and your resume as one document. Also, please remember to provide names, addresses and telephone number of at least three references in the online application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment offers will be conditioned upon successful completion of a criminal background check. A conviction will not necessarily exclude you from employment.
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html