Position Number: 53002118
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Records Associate at the Gainesville Campus. This position serves as team member for front-desk operation. Provides customer service via telephone, electronic mail, and in-person for all constituent groups seeking assistance. Evaluates and updates faculty/staff/student requests related to students' registration and academic records. Handles requests for transient status at other institutions. Updates student registration records based on the roll/attendance verification process.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Records Associate will:
- In accordance with FERPA guidelines, UNG, and University System of Georgia policies and procedures, provide courteous telephone, in-person, and electronic customer service to current students, alumni, faculty, staff, and other individuals.
- Process/manage requests for transient status.
- Assists the associate registrar with evaluating and updating student records to resolve registration issues.
- Update student registration records based on the roll/attendance verification process.
- Verify student enrollment/degrees earned for the National Student Clearinghouse and processes enrollment verifications for the Department of Labor, car insurance providers, and federal and state investigators. Processes registration-related documents and other forms related to updating the academic record (address/name, grade changes.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, providing support in other functional areas as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to handle multiple tasks, to maintain accuracy amid interruptions, and prioritize duties
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships through effective oral and written communication with team members, staff, students, faculty, and other individuals
- Must be able to solve problems and must possess strong organizational skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Web navigation and knowledgeable about basic Windows software
- Must be knowledgeable about FERPA guidelines and UNG and University System of Georgia policies and procedures
- Ellucian Banner experience preferred
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's degree preferred
- Two (2) years of related experience preferably in a higher education setting
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.