Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Counselor
Position Number: 53049730
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Financial Aid Counselor. The Student Financial Aid Officer serves recipients of federal, state, institutional, and private funds. Very limited evening/weekend work is required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Financial Aid Counselor will:
- Counsel students and parents on loans and other financial aid programs; discusses eligibility, application status and awards with students; prepares financial aid packets.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Develop and implement an annual outreach program for the UNG community including high school nights
- Maintain the Financial aid online communication accounts including website, Facebook, Twitter and Orgsync
- Assist students with completion of the FAFSA and GSFAPPS
- Assist with the verification process and C-Codes
- Assist with Default prevention plan
- Participate in Student Orientations and Open houses
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of routine office equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of various software programs
- Knowledge of financial aid application procedures and forms
- Requires effective communication skills; accurate typing/data entry skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to utilize BANNER or a similar relational database
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.