Custodian (Two (2) positions)
Custodian (Two (2) positions)
Position Number: 53000409, 53000405
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Custodian at the Dahlonega campus. The Custodian performs custodial maintenance to assigned building(s) or area(s) on campus.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Custodian will:
- Perform custodial maintenance duties to include sweeping, dusting, mopping and vacuuming carpets/floors.
- Clean restrooms
- Restock paper and soap supplies.
- Empty trash receptacles, bags and move trash for disposal.
- Change light bulbs as needed/directed.
- Ensure proper care in the use/maintenance of equipment and supplies; police grounds around assigned building/work site; other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of safety and environmental practices
- Ability to perform physical labor to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Custodial experience a plus
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.