Document Management Business System Analyst
Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position exists to provide application administration, system administration, technical support and business analyst support in the area of Enterprise Document Management. This position will serve as a technical expert in the installation, configuration, upgrade and day-to-day management of document management applications. This includes Hyland OnBase and Hyland Singularity.
This position designs, builds and maintains technical environments, supports system rollouts, responds to and troubleshoots escalated operational issues while managing internal and external customer relationships, informs/advises project managers and stakeholders about project plans and implementation, conducts technical analysis, and produces recommendations.
This position is also charged with not only supporting daily operations of these applications, but must also work with the internal and external teams to automate processes and procedures, create efficiencies and providing quality business services to clients and customers. The nature of work does necessitate off-hours and weekend maintenance windows.
Specific Job Responsibilities (with Percentage Weights):
- Project tasks associated with implementation, upgrade or development of new application functionality as directed by application owners and leadership (5%)
- Create, modify and update custom SQL report/processes and .NET scripts (10%)
- Day to day maintenance and configuration management for the application portfolio including installation and testing of vendor updates, patches, OS patches and other 3rd party libraries (10%)
- Tier 2 support for the document management software stack including client application troubleshooting and web server/app server troubleshooting (15%)
- Working with new document management customers to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process analysis and use case scenarios resulting in functional requirements documentation for implementation (25%)
- Implement system configurations for document management customers based upon the functional requirements documentation. Provide customer software setup and training for new implementations (35%)
Supervision Exercised and Received
This position will report to the Assistant Director of Enterprise Document Management and while not having any director supervisory responsibilities, will be expected to provide leadership within cross functional teams at times.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer: The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's Degree in a field related to the position (Computer Science, Information Technology, Science or Engineering) or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to travel to customer locations: Aurora, Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex problems and discuss trade-offs of potential solutions
- 2+ years of experience with the following:
- 24x7 operational environment with on-call and production support responsibility
- Windows system administration on VMWare environments
- IIS administration
- Working as a key contributor to multiple teams (both project and operational)
- SQL, ODBC and database concepts in Oracle Basic
- Knowledge of the following:
- .NET script development
- Tomcat administration
- Key infrastructure areas (Networking, VIPs, SAN, NTFS, SSL, Virtualization, etc)
- Change control processes
- One or more Windows scripting languages (PowerShell, DOS batch) to automate administration tasks etc)
- OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA)
- OnBase Certified Workflow Administrator (OCWA)
- OnBase API Certified
- Significant experience in Windows system administration (network connection tracing, performance analysis)
- Advanced Windows scripting skills (PowerShell, DOS Batch)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and database concepts with Oracle databases (Oracle Client, ODBC, performance tuning, materialized views)
- Experience with high availability (HA) planning and testing
- Prior work experience in an institution of higher education
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Monday, April 24, 2017. Those who do not apply by April 24, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by April 24, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Apr 10, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001407