The UK College of Dentistry and the UK Department of Surgery, affiliated with the Markey Cancer Center at the University of Kentucky, are immediately seeking to hire a Scientist II who will be engaged in translational research projects aimed at identifying novel therapeutic targets that are inextricably linked to activation of several key resistance pathways in cancer. Looking for highly motivated candidates with outstanding training in cell biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry, and who pride themselves on being very detailed and able to replicate results consistently. Candidate must be reliable, have high ethical standards, and unparalleled integrity. Must have experience with statistical analyses of data, computers, and database applications (Microsoft excel, statistical analyses, ImageJ, Living Image etc).
7A005:RESEARCH & GRADUATE STUDIES
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
Monday - Friday, with occasional weekends as required.
Knowledge of cellular and molecular biology, ability to perform cell culture, attention to detail, good listening skills, communication, and Microsoft Office.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
PhD with at least two years of post-doctoral experience.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently have a PhD?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience in molecular and cellular biology.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your cellular and molecular biology research experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- Cover Letter