Working under the supervision of the University Librarian and campus leadership the Learning Resource Center Manager manages the Learning Resource Center (LRC) in support of the academic mission of the University. Ensures that the LRC functions properly and assists students, faculty and staff in its use. In conjunction with the University's Information Literacy Program and the Library Office, actively supports information literacy efforts through instructional activities in and out of the classroom as well as through other coordinated promotional efforts. Directs work of the LRC staff, as appropriate. In conjunction with the Career Development Officers, acts as campus representative in meeting students' career development needs. In conjunction with the IT department, supports academic information technology needs, including phone systems, and acts as the test administrator for the campus. This position requires working until 10:00 p.m. and Saturdays 9 -1.
- Ensures the proper functioning of the LRC in keeping with the policies and procedures as identified in Library training, resource and planning documents.
- Assists students in using the LRC and fosters information literacy by participating in student orientations, delivering presentations to students (including library orientations to faculty and targeted classes) and creating and distributing promotional materials.
- Creates and submits Monthly Library Report and participates in recommending additions to the Library's collections as requested
- Conducts annual inventory of collection and reviews subscriptions; renews appropriate material.
- Coordinates circulation of library materials to include intralibrary loans.
- Maintains periodicals and keeps track of receipt. Suggests additions and deletions in keeping with annual renewal process. Files claim for missing periodicals.
- Maintains LRC in an orderly manner; performs regular inventory when scheduled to do so.
- Creates and maintains a career area within the LRC which includes career displays, career resources, and a job book containing a list of current job openings.
- Provides in person resume assistance, job search assistance and recommendations on career resources; recommends career books and periodicals as well as previews online career tools, as time allows.
- Completes monthly reports, participates in quarterly update and training meetings, and initiates on campus career events.
- With approval, initiates and coordinates guest speakers for on-campus career events. Two events per quarter are required.
- Responds to and manages incoming requests from employers who want to network and recruit students and alumni.
- Administers placement, aptitude, language and other academic tests as required.
- Ensures testing site is in compliance with Strayer and testing company policies.
- Maintains Administrator and Proctor accounts with testing companies and Strayer Records Center.
- Schedules and administers McCann, CLEP and DSST tests.
- Provides test information to students (Strayer and non-Strayer students).
- Records placement test scores in 360 system.
- Information Technology support:
- Responsible for maintaining computer lab and assisting students with computer-related issues.
- In conjunction with IT, responsible for all campus computers, printers, media cart equipment, and server room.
- Handles faculty and student-based IT hardware and software needs and liaises with IT in fulfillment of campus IT duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures security of all classroom computers and rooms in which computers are used for teaching to include locks.
- Schedules audiovisual equipment usage for all instructors.
- As needed, creates user accounts, changes cd or hard drive, updates & downloads Strayer-approved programs.
- Prepares detailed, accurate, and timely support documentation where required, including trouble tickets.
- Campus Information:
- Continually update the campus plasma screen display with current and appropriate information.
- Maintain campus bulletin boards.
- Create and maintain a campus events calendar.
- Coordinate and post the campus tutoring schedule.
- Assist with coordinating campus events including enrollment events, student and faculty orientation events, student and faculty appreciation events, career services events, etc.
- Assist with updating records of faculty and room assignments in Strayer360.
- Manages the creation and distribution of student identification cards and parking passes.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions as requested and approved by campus leaderships.
- In conjunction with campus leadership, interviews and recommends for hire any part-time LRC personnel and manages such personnel, including provision of on-the-job training as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master's of Library Science or a Master's of Library Information Science degree is required.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Prior library experience is highly preferred. Experience in troubleshooting basic computer problems is a plus.
- Must be able to develop familiarity with all LRC resources, mastery of LRC Online resources, and mastery of various reference interview techniques to maximize personal effectiveness in meeting the research needs of students, staff, and faculty.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and be well organized and self-motivated.
- Must have strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet etc.)
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.