Desktop / Deskside Technical Support
Desktop Support Technician.
We are in need of several Desktop Support Technicians for the Downtown Toronto area to work in an office environment. The initial assignment is for 4.5 months with a strong possibility of renewals beyond this time.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability and emotional intelligence to teach highly technical content to users with any level of experience.
• You can speak to any user about any problem and define that problem in terms that the user can understand.
Talent for communicating with end users of any level of experience, any personality, and any level on the corporate ladder. You can communicate technical information to nontechnical users and can acquire technical information from those who cannot explain the problem clearly.
Ability to multitask and stay calm under pressure, must deal with ongoing problems, multiple open troubleshooting tickets, deadlines for meeting service-level agreements (SLAs), accountability to upper management and end users, and ambiguous problems.
• While dealing with these demands, be able to work effectively and calmly under pressure. Must also respond calmly when an end user becomes frustrated and must maintain a professional
demeanor at all times
Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
• Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
• Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
• Requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Expert with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
• May lead and direct the work of others.
• Typically reports to a project leader or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Please forward your resume to Philip Purnell at email@example.com
This position is a direct hire with the employer
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:41:54 PDT