Network and Desktop Support Specialist
"What I liked best about working with PCPC was the variety of experiences I had every day and the new technical challenges. Being a network administrator for an enterprise was boring same old, same old. At PCPC I still came to know the clients, some very extensively and weekly, but the challenges kept me learning every day." Former Sr. Level Network and Desktop support specialist, 2016.
t PCPC my position grew and changed as I took on more responsibilities for specific client sites. There were no barriers for learning and development. And the management provides extensive support systems and a Team player culture. I learnt how to communicate and "smooze" with clients." Former Network and Desktop specialist, 2009; now a KPMG Technology Consultant
The position requires supporting a variety of client sites that are based upon Microsoft Server systems. Many installations utilize Microsoft Hyper V and have 2 or more Virtual Machines running under Hyper V. Some installations support Published Applications for thin client access via Microsoft Remote server. Other installations utilize NFS setups with Branch servers synchronizing to main sites. IT IS NECESSARY that the applicant have experience and proficiency in restoring Virtual Servers to Hyper V hosts; experience with imaging programs such as StorageCraft and/or Macrium Reflect, familiarity with Ticketing Systems and Cloud based Team Apps.
Knowledge of Router/Firewall and networking protocols, as well as experience with Sonicwall products, Cisco products, and Microsoft Server software is required. You must understand the fundamentals of routing and have experience setting up Sonicwall Routers for VPN installations.
You will have extensive responsibilities for managing and organizing your own work while at the same time working closely on a daily basis with a team of network support engineers, the Director, and our clients. Most of the work will be at client sites in Manhattan as well as at our midtown office. Some clients have satellite sites in New Jersey and some car travel may be required.
Knowledge & Experience:
• A broad education background with an understanding of small business organizations.
• Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Hyper V, Server 2008R2, Remote Services, SBS Servers.
• Experience problem solving desktop user problems on Microsoft Server based networks. Windows XP Pro/Windows 7 as well as Network and Server Design/Operation issues.
• Experience troubleshooting workstation problems: printing, networking, and software configuration, remote access, email, spam/viruses.
• Experience with all MS Office products; Adobe products. Current experience with Office 365 hosted accounts and One Drive for Business.
• Experience with Desktop and Network Scanning systems including Document Management related to legal and/or financial applications.
• Understanding of the terminology and concepts for all the above programs.
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving user problems, working with 3rd party resources on behalf of clients.
• Demonstrate a commitment to teamwork through relationship building and collaboration.
• Punctuality. Punctuality. Punctuality.
• Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to communicate technical issues to non-technical users.
• Exceptional telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with customers, peers, and management.
• Have excellent problem-solving skills.
• Have patience, a positive, customer service oriented attitude, and the ability to work as a member of a team.
• Traditional Business Attire is required on a daily basis.
• Work with our I.T. Department team members at client sites; interact with clients one on one.
• Provide professional and effective front line technical support to end users on systems and applications at our client sites and via phone and remote support methodologies.
• Quickly learn new software programs acquired by clients and be prepared to provide guidance and training.
• Explain technical concepts to users in terms they understand; convey your knowledge of their problems and possible solutions.
• Summarize and log all calls/support requests accurately within tracking system. You are responsible for documenting all your activity and imputing problem resolutions to our company knowledgebase.
• Identify, Research, troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware and network related issues.
Must meet performance standards
Personal Computer Power Center, Inc.: (www.pcpowercenter.com)
Information Technology Managed Services and Outsourcing Firm; Systems Integration; IT Management Consulting.
Personal Computer Power Center, Inc. has been in business for 26 years. We have a diverse team of support specialists/ network engineers and administrators. We have a range of outstanding clients in the metro New York area. We utilize the latest technologies for monitoring, supporting and solving our client's everyday needs. Our main office is centrally located in Manhattan. On Site technical visits range from East Harlem to Wall Street. Some clients have sites in Brooklyn, Jersey City, and spreading. Most clients are accessible via MTA and /or PATH. Some driving may be required for special projects, therefore a valid drivers license and a good driving record is required. We use mobile apps for tickets, for tracking, for project management, and for client systems management. The software is a delight to use and removes barriers to communication.
New York, NY
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:14:17 PDT