Secretary (Temp PT 25 hrs/wk)
Secretary (Temp PT 25 hrs/wk)
Community College of Allegheny County
Performs a variety of general secretarial duties for a major campus function, department or division, which may include preparation of correspondence and reports, screening telephone calls and visitors, filing, and scheduling.
Work location and additional information:
There are two positions available: Allegheny Campus 808 Ridge Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15212 Office of College Services 800 Allegheny Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15233 This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost. Seeking applicants with experience in Microsoft Excel. As an applicant, please anticipate taking job specific tests that may be administered if selected for testing. Hourly Rate: $11.30
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Wednesday; 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Thursday; 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Office of College Services
Monday - Friday; 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Schedule may be required to change to meet the needs of the department and personnel coverage.
Must be able to accurately perform clerical duties, provide and record information through written and oral communication and understand and carry out directions. Failure to meet deadlines could result in delay.
Education and Experience: High school education or equivalent plus one year of relevant experience gained from working in an office environment.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to type 50 WPM and operate various office equipment, including a personal computer and appropriate software packages or equivalent, faxes, copiers and switchboard as needed. Requires proficiency in College supported software. Should possess good communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Should be able to tactfully and courteously answer questions and provide information.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption.
1. Prepares correspondence, reports and other materials.
2. Screens phone calls; receives and directs visitors; receives, sorts and delivers mail; receives and responds to student requests.
3. Maintains files, records, logs and reports.
4. Performs various scheduling activities for supervisors and staff; schedules, coordinates and proctors student evaluations and tests as needed.
5. Maintains and orders supplies.
6. Computes and processes payroll for assigned faculty and staff; handles the receipt of disbursement of cash during registration and for petty cash purposes as necessary.
7. Prepares bulk mailings and participates in clerical activities for various college events.
8. Assists with training temporary or part-time employees and may assign their work.
9.Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Secondary Duties (If applicable): May be required to take and transcribe oral dictation. May require shorthand skills of 70 WPM.
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Type: Temporary Part-time
Job Open Date: 04-07-2017
Job Close Date: 4/24/2017
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.