Please Note: Applications without a coverletter will not be considered.
About Tech Impact
Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help other nonprofits use technology to better serve our community. Our services enable nonprofits to plan for, implement and effectively employ technology tools to achieve their organizational goals. We have offices in Philadelphia PA, Washington DC, Wilmington DE, and Las Vegas, NV and have been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations. Tech Impact clients range from 5 to 600 staff and run primarily Windows-based software and Microsoft cloud technologies.
Role and Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, the Systems Engineer is responsible for performing project-based work and providing top level technical escalation support to Tech Impact clients. The Systems Engineer is expected to manage a diverse project portfolio and incoming critical tickets in an autonomous manner.
Systems Engineers support the technical staff at Tech Impact through escalation, training, and mentorship. Where possible, the Systems Engineer will document resolutions to ensure issues can be addressed by Service Desk and Network Engineers in the future.
Systems Engineers will be responsible for remote and on-site troubleshooting and project work. The ability to architect, scope, and implement a technical solution is a requirement for this position. Systems Engineers will work extensively and directly with clients to ensure solutions meet their needs.
When necessary, and to understand the organization's process, Systems Engineers will be expected to fill in for Service and Network engineers by performing first and second level phone, email, and ticket work.
The candidate must possess prior experience with help desk support and demonstrate skills in:
- Windows7, Windows8, Windows10
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare VSphere
- MS Office and other standard office applications
- Advanced network and connectivity troubleshooting
- Cloud solutions, such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps
- Remote management and monitoring tools, such as Kaseya and N-able
• Excellent customer service skills including ability to translate technical information to non-technical users
• Excellent communication, writing, analytical and creative problem solving skills; ability to document networks including Visio diagrams
• Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously and to manage work under tight deadlines
- Ability to go on site with customers as needed
- Superb organizational skills a must
Qualifications and Education Requirements
A minimum of 5+ years' experience with server management and maintenance
MCSE/MCITP certification a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran's status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use computer and other office related equipment
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local, regional and national travel
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. CXWorks is our proven 8-week customer service training program, which prepares young adults for a career in customer service. www.techimpact.org; www.cxworks.org
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 06:53:52 PDT