Guest Services Supervisor
Guest Services Supervisor
Posting Number: 20171322S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Guest Services Supervisor oversees all Guest Services Agents to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction. Essential duties include but are not limited to: ensuring proper completion of all duties of the front desk staff, directing and coordinating the reservations and guest services activities and responding in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Rooms Division in implementing and enforcing policies and procedures of the front desk.
- Possess the skills and knowledge to supervise and support other employees, as required, to maintain efficient service.
- Will be cross trained on all shifts for the front desk.
- Respond to guest comments, complaints, and concerns in a courteous, professional manner.
- Maintain all direct bill accounts, vouchering of all bills, and completion of any required paperwork while backing up front desk as needed
- Know current status of rooms and individual guests.
- Provide overnight, on-call assistance in case of emergencies.
- Liaison between the Sales Department and Front Desk for group and event billing.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous Front Desk Supervisor experience required.
- 3-5 years in a hospitality environment.
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to professionally handle any conflicts, guest issues, or emergencies that may arise
- Experience handling cash and recording sales transactions required.
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with WIN, MS Word, Excel, PMS, POS and Outlook preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred; training can be provided.** Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/07/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: G
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10990
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.