Lead Room Attendant
Lead Room Attendant
Posting Number: 20171317S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Lead Room Attendant trains and schedules Room Attendants and monitors their work; inventories supplies and reports needs to the Director of Rooms Division; inspects guestrooms, baths, corridors, and common areas for a high standard of cleanliness; and, along with the Room Attendants, performs housekeeping duties.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning Guest Rooms - clean guest rooms with consistency, according to the Inn and AAA 4 diamond standards. Display a courteous, helpful, and professional manner when greeting and providing assistance to guests of the hotel.
- Trains and motivates Room Attendants and monitors/inspects their work, attendance and guest service skills.
- Follow all established Quality Standards, Quality Service Outcomes, and the Quality Assurance Program.
- Ensure that emergency procedures are understood so that in the event of an emergency the procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to positively communicate priority changes to Room Attendant staff and ensure level of calm and professionalism as changes happen.
- Enforce and ensure that University and the Inn’s policies and procedures are properly understood and followed.
- Work is performed in a normal hotel/conference center environment with occasional stressful periods, and includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and special event periods. Little or no dangers or hazards are involved when correct procedures are followed.
- Maintain a high level of morale and cooperation.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow very strict set expectations on inspections, room cleaning and staging.
- Understanding of recycling, laundry, chemical use.
- At least 5 years in the hospitality/custodial industry.
- Ability to communicate with guests and staff in a 4-Diamond style manner.
- Making beds, lifting linens.
- Exposure to typical cleaning chemicals.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/07/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: N/A
Job Classification: Union
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10993
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.