Posting Number: 20171316S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Houseperson sets, maintains and refreshes all public spaces and meeting rooms according to sales contracts and company standards. All public spaces and meeting rooms must be cleaned and ready to be used at all times. The Houseperson must be willing to work when business dictates, this will include nights and weekends.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, refresh and maintain all public spaces, rest rooms and meeting rooms. Ensure cleanliness and organization of all meeting rooms, rest rooms and public spaces. Immediately report any issues to the Technical Services Manager.
- Set meeting rooms, classroom and ballroom are properly set up per BEO requirements and stocked with amenities and stationary supplies, according to sales contracts and company standards. Immediately report any issues to the Technical Services Manager.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are refreshed quickly during meeting breaks.
- Clean hallways, lobbies, lounges, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other areas. Thoroughly mops and vacuums floors in accordance with established guidelines.
- Breakdown room arrangements, including tables, chairs, audio visual equipment, office supplies and dance floor in accordance with the schedule of events for the Inn at Villanova University.
- Assist with setup and breakdown during all large functions.
- Inventory classroom supplies and cleaning products for ordering.
- Communicate all appropriate information to the technical services manager and managers via the established communication standards.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Needs to be proficient in proper cleaning procedures and the ability to comprehend and decipher diagrams for room setup.
- Individual should ideally possess 2-4 years experience in the custodial/ event staff industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management, and support staff. Ability to work in a team environment and respond effectively to changing demands. They must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a positive customer-oriented attitude and professional image.
- Custodial equipment, PC, General AV.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Possess the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body and arms. Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range. Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/07/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: N/A
Job Classification: Union
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10992
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.