Sr Hardware Design Engineer
Xirgo is a leading supplier of innovative M2M communication solutions. We develop and manufacture a range of devices that combine GPS and cellular data to provide world-class solutions for telematics, fleet management, asset tracking, usage-based driving, insurance, rental applications, and more. Due to the increasing global demand for our innovative products, we're growing our Camarillo hardware engineering team and have a range of exciting new opportunities available.
We're looking for a Sr Hardware Design Engineer with 5+ years of experience working on embedded or micro-controller based systems and hardware. You'll be joining a small, passionate team building world-class products and solutions right here in Camarillo, CA.
Responsibilities Of A Sr Hardware Design Engineer at Xirgo:
• Design, test and release to production wireless M2M GPS tracking devices
• Strong proficiency in PCB design tools such as PADS (by Mentor Graphic ) for schematics and PCB layout designs
• Analysis and simulation of circuits and subsystems
• Support Sales and Marketing in defining and generating product specifications
• Create technical requirements to drive hardware design
• Support product qualification (electrical, environmental) and regulatory certifications (FCC, PTCRB, Carrier, CE, EMI/EMC)
• Support outlining and creation of qualification test plans
• Define and select sate of the art Cellular, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, GPS, and ISM Transceivers
• Work with Firmware Engineering to define key components and building blocks to generate system hardware block diagrams
• Interface with Mechanical Engineering to define and design electronic enclosures per product requirements
Our ideal Sr Hardware Design Engineer will have:
• A minimum of BS degree in EE
• A seasoned Design Engineer with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the design, test and manufacture of wireless modems and subsystems.
• Basic knowledge of Cellular and wireless Antenna designs and topologies
• Basic Knowledge of Wireless and Cellular technologies and standards such as UMTS, CDMA, LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZiGBee, ISM Transceivers
• Strong knowledge of embedded Micros and serial communication peripherals
• Strong understanding of RF and analog circuits
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot HW designs
• Excellent communication skills for internal and customer interfaces
• Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize as needed.
• Adherence to company Design Procedures for ISO standards compliance
• Critical and analytical thinking in problem solving
At Xirgo, you'll get the opportunity to join a small, dedicated team of engineers building world-class products for a global market. Our solutions are highly in demand and being used for a range of exciting applications. We offer a fun working environment with Beer30 & company outings. We have excellent professional development opportunities, merit based bonuses and great benefits including profit sharing!
Xirgo Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of innovative, full-featured, application-specific wireless M2M communication devices. Our expansive product line facilitates best-in-class solutions for numerous vertical market applications. With comprehensive in-house engineering capabilities in all key development disciplines, Xirgo consistently delivers compelling solutions to companies in search of ways to become more competitive, improve operational efficiencies and unlock new revenue streams.
We provide world-class solutions in the realm of telematics, fleet management, heavy equipment, asset tracking, usage-based driving, high-risk vehicle finance, rental applications, and more. What results is a high-value set of custom products for our partners, as well as, a comprehensive standard product line that is sold through direct and indirect channels.
In addition to helping our customers grow their businesses, the owners of the company have created the Xirgo Technologies Endowment to give back by fighting hunger and the worst aspects of poverty in a sustainable way.
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 16:49:44 PDT