Nursing Laboratory Instructional Associate (2017)
Nursing Laboratory Instructional Associate (2017)
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Nursing
Position Type: Staff/Classified
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: $4119.44 per month
Working Hours: One regular, district funded, position, 30 hours per week, 10 months per year for the nursing programs (LVN and RN). Work assignments will be on the Oceanside campus, as well as at local hospitals and other off-campus facilities if needed. The work schedule will be varying daytime and possible evening hours and occasional weekends; to be determined with the supervisor based on the current workload. The person selected for this position is subject to assignment to any district or off-campus facility and may sometimes be required to work weekends and holidays.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply and submit application materials online at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you're in the online system, we strongly advise you to read the information on "How to Apply" and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59pm on the closing date:
1) Classified application.
2) Cover letter addressed to the "Selection Committee".
3) Current resume.
4) Photocopy of your valid California RN license.
(please attach to Certificate/License 1 )
5) Photocopy of your current CPR certificate.
(please attach to Certificate/License 2 )
6) Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated above. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must indicate that the degree was awarded.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency.
The selection committee will review application materials two to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) fingerprint clearance. NOTE: With the exception of documents needed to support an equivalency request, do not submit materials other than those requested above as they will be removed.
NOTE: When you are "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING," you will eventually be asked to answer the additional question(s) listed below. Your answers will appear toward the bottom of the application form.
-- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We strive to be a model for equity and inclusion, effectively supporting students from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds who possess a range of abilities, academic preparation, and life experiences. Please describe what qualifications and/or experiences have prepared you to contribute to the fulfillment of the College's goals for equity and inclusion.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five days prior to the closing date.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials two to five weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected will be notified by e-mail.
OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT:
An offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense, 2) tuberculosis clearance and/or certification of freedom from contagious or infectious disease, 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States, 4) fingerprint clearance, and 5) approval by the Board of Trustees.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, the instructional associate will work within the Nursing program by performing complex technical work in an instructional learning environment. The instructional associate in Nursing will exercise judgment and initiative in coordinating labs and other instructional facilities and materials of the assigned area of learning.
(E = essential job function)
1) Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Nursing and Allied Health Laboratory; organize, schedule and participate in evaluating a variety of laboratory scenarios; and assist instructors with laboratory teaching demonstrations. (E)
2) Supervise and tutor students in the practical application of health care skills in the college learning laboratory, local hospitals or other off-campus facilities. (E)
3) Assist instructors with demonstrations of technical procedures. (E)
4) Monitor student practice sessions, and monitor student technical proficiency. (E)
5) Prepare, maintain, issue, order, and inventory laboratory equipment.
6) Prepare, maintain, and evaluate laboratory records.
7) Anticipate and obtain instructor requests for materials according to curriculum plan.
8) Maintain department video library and reference materials. (E)
9) Maintain audio-tutorial equipment and resources and audio-visual and computer materials.
10) Assist students in computer laboratory. (E)
11) Establish, verify and maintain student health care records and prepare student health forms for clinical agencies.
12) Perform related duties as assigned.
Type of Benefits:
SALARY POLICY AND FRINGE BENEFITS: For current salary schedule, go to http://www.miracosta.edu/administrative/hr/downloads/2016-18ClassifiedAnnualFINAL.pdf MiraCosta College offers a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; and other optional coverages.
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the instructions below, your application may not be forwarded to the committee. To provide evidence that you meet the minimum qualifications listed below, the transcripts you are attaching must state the degree title, major, and date conferred.
MINIMUM STATE/COLLEGE QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Possession of a valid California RN license.
2) Any combination equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and one year of continuous full-time experience within the past five years as a RN providing direct patient care OR an Associate in degree in Nursing and three years continuous full-time experience within the past five years as a RN providing direct patient care and three additional years of nursing experience.
3) Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
All degrees and units used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from postsecondary institutions accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. If your degree/coursework is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. A partial list of agencies can be found at http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: 1) Bachelor's degree in Nursing 2) Teaching experience 3) Experience conducting nursing simulations 4) Experience and understanding of the roles and responsibilities of an Instructional Associate 5) The ability to work and communicate effectively with the Allied Health Occupation faculty in the performance of job duties 6) Experiences that demonstrate Applicant's ability to work and communicate effectively with persons from diverse social and cultural backgrounds 7) Computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office software.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
First Screening Date: 05/02/2017
Human Resources Contact Information:
email@example.com or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 112 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, and parts of Carmel Valley.
MiraCosta offers associate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities that strengthen the economic, cultural, social, and educational well-being of the communities it serves.
The district consists of three campus sites and a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving about 12,000 credit students, has been located since 1964 on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, on 48 acres below the bluffs overlooking the San Elijo Lagoon Reserve. The San Elijo Campus opened in September 1988, and now attracts about 3,000 credit students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 4,000 students in the college's noncredit classes including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes as well as some college credit classes.