Superhero Industrial Designer / Artist
Local candidates only - no relo or travel expenses offered
MUST be able to work for any employer without sponsorship
MUST have 2+ years applicable work experience
Want to light up the world, want to work with some new cool people? Deco Lighting is seeking an Industrial Engineer / Artist to focus on development/fabrication/evaluation of new product designs/concepts, product improvement designs/concepts, and manufacturing fixtures. You will also help support the standardization of drawings, and work with our superhero Engineers to convert drawings between formats.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translate between 3D Models (Inventor) and 2D Drawings (AutoCAD)
- Responsible for using AutoCAD and Auto Inventor to develop 2D or 3D models for prototyping from hand sketched drawings.
- Design and detail component parts based upon 3D assemblies provided by engineers or designers.
- Participate in construction and build of prototype and production devices.
- Participate in design reviews and new product development teams.
- Create and update patent drawings and technical illustrations.
- Check drawings and models for accuracy and design intent.
- Create and maintain product structures on ERP system.
- Perform tolerance analyses on components and assemblies.
- Design tooling and fixtures to support manufacture and test of products or prototypes.
- Participate in the selection of processes, materials, and vendors
- Evaluate and recommend new materials, processes and equipment
- Support Engineering projects to improve production processes.
- Design and detail manufacturing fixtures and equipment with input from Manufacturing Engineers.
- Develop and maintain a drawing standard.
- Serve as CAD Administrator, maintaining the drawing vault or other means of revision control.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2D (AutoCAD) and 3D (Solidworks)
- Solid Modeling
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance Analysis
- Document Control Procedures
- Mechanism Design
- Proficiency in standard office software including Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Two to Five years mechanical design using 2D and 3D CAD systems.
- AS Degree in a technical discipline.
DECO Lighting specializes in the manufacturing of innovative, next-generation LED lighting solutions that improve lighting quality, improve efficiency, and enhance the environment through reduced energy consumption. We are looking for someone to bring their passion and energy to our energetic team and vibrant company culture!
Learn more about our company culture here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkADObbi_lQ
Please visit the DECO Lighting Company Page to learn more about us and our wonderful team!
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 22:27:00 PDT