Nursing Faculty Member
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Nursing Faculty Member will have responsibility for classroom, lab and clinical instruction, college service and advising duties. This position will be filled for the Fall Semester, 2017.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Provide instruction in the classroom and clinical/campus laboratory using multiple instructional strategies and integrating computer technology with instruction.
- Utilize patient simulation in the teaching-learning process.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing curriculum as a member of the nursing teaching team.
- Coordinate and maintain effective relationships with health agencies utilized for clinical experiences.
- Plan, supervise and evaluate learning experiences for students in the clinical area.
- Hold at least four posted office hours per week on at least four days and schedule conferences with individual students to discuss their progress in the program.
- Provide academic advising to assigned students.
- Attend and participate in all division, department, nursing program and nursing course team meetings and planning activities.
- Actively participate in college service opportunities.
- Maintain professional growth and remain current in nursing practices.
- Participate in preparation for nursing and college-wide accreditation visits.
- Participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes at the course, program and college levels.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or eligibility for Massachusetts Registered Nurse licensure.
- Master’s degree in nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution.
- Broad experience in nursing which includes experience in mental health nursing.
- Experience in applying evidence-based mental health nursing interventions in a variety of treatment settings.
- Knowledge of mental health needs of special populations such as aging individuals, those with substance use issues and survivors of trauma.
- Commitment to support student-centered, outcome-based education.
- Recent teaching experience in nursing.
- Experience with the integration of technology as well as active and collaborative learning strategies in the teaching-learning process.
- Experience in the assessment of student learning outcomes at the course and program level.
- Experience with curriculum development in nursing which includes strategies for using technology and active collaborative learning.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive experience with inpatient mental health nursing.
- Appreciation for and commitment to working in a global, multicultural academic setting.
- Experience in NEASC and ACEN accreditation processes.
- Recent teaching experience at the college level.
COMPENSATION: Salary range of $45,996 to $98,057.75. Actual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and consistent with the MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 12, 2017