This individual is responsible for Programming, Commissioning, and Startup of Fanuc integrated automation systems. The position responsibilities includes design, planning and creating programs, in-house debug, and field start-up of a Fanuc robot which is part of an automated system. A typical system includes an AB Logix PLC, FANUC robot, and an HMI. The person in this role will work as part of an overall design team to specify control requirements and sequence of operations. The majority of the job will be performed at Company's location, with travel required for start-up and commissioning at customer facilities.
• Develop a complete robotic electrical design package focused on the needs of the robot and end-of-arm-tooling.
• Work with the controls engineer to seamlessly integrate the robot into the system integration.
• Willing to be trained to develop PLC programs to integrate multiple material handling devices to create an integrated production system.
• Develop robot programs to perform required material handling functions.
• Edit and interface HMI programs with PLC and robot functions.
• Specify and maintain I/O lists used to coordinate electrical design with program design.
• Maintain electrical schematics after initial system assembly is complete.
• Test, debug, modify, and validate all system functions prior to shipment.
• Start-up and commission completed system at customer site for final customer approval.
• Train company and customer technicians on the operation and program maintenance of the delivered system.
Job Skills and Experience Requirements
• Some knowledge of PLC programming, AllenBradley/Rockwell Logix products a plus.
• Experience in programming, installation, startup, and debug of integrated robotic production systems.
• Experience with FANUC Robotics or other industrial robots.
• Experience working independently at customer facilities
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Proficient in reading, interpreting and editing electrical schematics and diagrams
• AutoCAD LT experience a plus.
• Experience in Robotic Material Handling and Packaging applications a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Work well within a team environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office programs including spreadsheets, email, and documents
• Position requires 25-30% travel
OtterBase entered the staffing services industry in 1998 because we believed that the industry was doing a sub-standard job of servicing clients. We believe in doing everything we can to provide exceptionally well-qualified consultants for your most demanding technical jobs.
We strive to provide the overall best customer service experience. Our proprietary PeopleSmart recruiting process quickly and systematically identifies consultants to meet your unique needs. Every OtterBase Recruiter uses this process to ensure that candidates are properly identified and matched to the clients needs.
Long-term, short-term or permanent placement
Range of technical skills and experience
Outstanding consultant network for Enterprise IT, Digital/Interactive, Engineering, Scientific or Executive and Professional
Offices in Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Minneapolis and Nashville
Our talented team never loses sight of the fact that every assignment and every person we place is, first and foremost, uniquely individual and deserves an equally unique approach from us. Our Recruiters and Account Managers work to create the best fit for thousands of clients and consultants every day.
All applicants applying for US job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
OtterBase is an equal opportunity employer.
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 16:48:14 PDT