Assistant Director of Catering
Under the administrative direction of the Director of Catering and Special Events, this position coordinates and oversees the daily operations of a multi-million catering and event operation with events both on and off campus.
- An Associate’s Degree in a culinary, hospitality or related field or at least 5 years of foodservice industry experience and/or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proven organizational and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to coordinate simultaneous activities.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel including point of sale system (MICROS)
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.