Human Resources Manager - Operations & Data
Manager, Human ResourcesJob Description:
As part of the College of Medicine's HR Team, the ideal candidate will evaluate current processes and practices, conducts research and provides ways to improve productivity, and reduce costs. Supports the development of re-engineering efforts, which drive efficient and effective operations. Develops and promotes the adoption of best practices within the College, with a focus on utilizing technology solutions, to develop sound business processes that ensure compliance, add value, increase efficiency, and support the mission and strategic objectives of the College of Medicine.
- Coordinates, reviews, oversees and evaluates the day-to-day HR office operations for the College of Medicine (COM), the College of Medicine's Office of the Dean, and the Office of the Senior Vice President for Health Affairs (SVPHA) involving all employment related transactions, data, and reporting. Provides oversight responsibility of the input, accuracy, compliance, and analysis of all records processed in People Soft and various departmental databases.
- Supervises, evaluates, and develops the HR Operations team. Creates opportunities for cross-training and professional development for the team. Leads a team culture that upholds personal integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Assesses internal effectiveness to ensure value added operations and services.
- Develops, coordinates, and audits the payroll/personnel transactions, data, and reporting requirements for the College. Performs analyses of COM HR transactions and trends which includes development of queries and faculty tracking. Provides ad-hoc and routine COM data reports to college and university colleagues. Prepares regular reports documenting trends in faculty hires, departures, diversity, promotions, salary equity, and faculty compensation plans, etc.
- Advises faculty, staff, and administrators regarding college and university policies and procedures related to their assigned area. Provides instruction and guidance for the team and departments in preparation of various forms and transactions.
- Processes and reconciles Finance & Administration's HR budget.
$60,000 to $70,000; commensurate on education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- A firm understanding of the FLSA as well as Florida's public records law.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and spoken) effectively and clearly with diverse customers as well as with managing multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of employment laws such as FLSA, Title VII, ADA, and ADEA.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment practices and law in a highly complex and large organization.
- Previous experience interpreting and administering policies, procedures, rules, and laws.
- Previous experience in human resources at a supervisory level.
- Previous experience assisting customers with human resources transactions and metrics as well as communicating complex policies, procedures, rules, and laws in a clear manner. Familiarity with PeopleSoft.
- Proven experience utilizing effective, high-level analytical and consulting skills.
- SPHR/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Training/presentation skills.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and a list of three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No