Learning Community Assistant
Learning Community Assistant
University of San Diego
Department: Student Affairs
Provides administrative support to the Learning Community (LC) staff; manages calendars and scheduling for LC staff; prepares materials and logistics for workshops, presentations, committee meetings, and trainings; manages incoming calls and other correspondence as requested; tracks vacation for LC staff; organizes various meetings, prepares agendas, records and distributes minutes; serves as liaison to Transfer Learning Community stakeholders (Center for Student Success, College of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering; School of Business Administration; academic advisors); maintains general organization of the LC office; assists the Associate Dean (CAS), Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Programs (SA), and the LLC Coordinator with large scale projects.
Supervision received: works under the general supervision of the LLC Program Coordinator. Also receives work direction and assignments from the Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences and the Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Schedules appointments and maintains the calendars of LC staff and LC office
• Tracks vacation time for LC staff
•Receives/screens visitors, phone calls, students; informs and refers to proper campus offices
• Maintains LC program communication platforms (listservs, mail chimp)
• Manages LC t-shirt order, delivery, distribution, and payment
• Is responsible for regular and special meeting preparations
- Schedules meetings, reserves rooms and invites participants
- Determines and requests catering and A/V needs
- Prepares agendas, binders, research and other materials; records and distributes minutes
- Identifies off-site meeting locations, reserves facilities, determines and coordinates food needs, and arranges payment
- Purchases supplies/equipment
- Obtains student representation as needed
• Under the supervision of the LC Coordinator, collaborates with Information Tech Services, Student Affairs, and Academic Affairs on portal design and maintenance
• Maintains Learning Communities Social Media accounts, including student leader profiles for website
• Serves as a fill-in for First-Year Registration support when needed
• Is informed and knowledgeable of current University policies and procedures
• Consolidates personal filing system with LC filing system, both paper and electronic.
• Carries out other tasks as assigned by LC Coordinator, Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Programs, or Associate Dean of College of Arts and Sciences
Main Office Support
• Attends regular staff meetings with LC Office
• Communicates and coordinates with Information Tech Services in regards to MySanDiego Portal, Banner, and the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms
• Manages incoming calls and other correspondence
• Assists the Associate Dean (CAS), Assistant Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Programs (SA), and the LLC Coordinator with large scale projects
• Serves as liaison to Transfer Learning Community (TLC) stakeholders including the College of Arts and Sciences, the School of Business, the School of Engineering, the Center for Student Success, and academic advisors
• Represents the LC office on the Transfer Orientation Committee
Minimum and Preferred
• High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Two to four years of experience in general office required
• Three years customer service experience preferred
• Experience working in Higher Education preferred
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Highly organized and motivated
• Ability to work well independently and in a dynamic team environment, and interface well with many individuals using tact and diplomacy
• Task and detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and effectively, as well as initiate, coordinate, oversee and complete various projects with minimal supervision
• Creative digital arts experience
• Familiarity with social media engagement and platforms
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles
• Strong ability to anticipate needs and prioritize workload – flexibility and versatility
• Knowledge of the Google drive suite (docs, sheets, etc.). Adaptability to new office software.
• Excellent use of Microsoft Excel, as well as the ability to learn and use Banner, Noetix, My San Diego Portal
• Possess the ability to apply various organizational skills in order to prioritize work load effectively, satisfy deadlines under time pressure situations, and work on multiple concurrent tasks
• Possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations
• Cooperate as a team member with all offices performing duties essential to efficient delivery of education
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public
• Possess thorough knowledge of general office practices and procedures
• Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions and dealing with diverse personalities and populations
• Ability to develop and use empathetic listening skills, communicate with clarity and maintain an attitude that conveys respect, assistance, honesty and resourcefulness
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Medical and Retirement Benefited.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical and 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing date: April 21, 2017
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click http://www.sandiego.edu/jobs/ to complete our online application and be sure to upload your resume for full consideration. In addition to your resume, you are strongly encouraged to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected].