UX Researcher with Human Factors Experience
The User Experience Researcher serves as the voice of the end-user and the source of knowledge about user needs and design requirements. This role is responsible for conducting contextual inquiries, interviews, usability tests, distributing surveys, and converting data into design requirements.
- Planning and conducting user-centered design research including identification of user needs and goals (through interviews, focus groups, workshops, contextual inquiry, ethnographic studies, and on-site visits), as well as task and workflow modeling.
- Conducting competitive landscape research and analyze market positioning.
- Plan and conduct card sorting, tree testing, and usability tests both remotely and in-person.
- Conducting usability tests which may require traveling.
- Working collaboratively with the entire project team to craft best-fit solutions.
- Serving as the voice of the user, advocating for research when needed and crafting processes to gain needed insights.
- Leading stakeholder interviews, brainstorming sessions, and feature/functionality workshops.
- Owning user documentation including personas, user stories, and strategy documents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cognitive Psychology or closely related field, Human Factors, or Human-Computer Interaction.
- At least 3 years of experience in a research role involving working on projects in data analytics including qualitative and quantitative research.
- Knowledge of usability heuristics, interface and interaction design, usability testing, A/B testing, and statistics.
Why do you want to work with us?
ChaiOne is a tight-knit group of creative, talented, and entertaining people. Here are a few reasons that we know you'd love it here:
- We offer a flexible, social work environment.
- You'll work alongside some of the best creative minds in the business.
- Great benefits: bonus plan, 401(k) with match, paid conference days, health, vision, dental insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, and life insurance.
- A culture like no other - birthday celebrations, champagne toasts, and events galore!
- Houston, TX
ChaiOne helps companies around the world accelerate their business by creating mobile solutions that people love. ChaiOne's mobile solutions capitalize on the dynamic power of smartphones, tablets, and wearables generating a modern way to connect with the new global audience.
We make complex simple; changing the way people work.
The projects ChaiOnauts work on are challenging, dynamic, and cutting-edge. Our culture embraces highly capable, intelligent individuals who want a flexible, casual environments and are unafraid of exploring uncharted mobile tech waters. We don't shy away from the Dragon Gaps, we rock them in Chucks and tshirts while drinking good coffee (and beer).
If you're interested in learning more check us out at chaione.com/careers
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:49:04 PDT