Our client a national service organization is looking for a payroll specialist.
• Responsible for performing the following activities: processing new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, computing and processing time sheet data, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays, leave of absence processing; maintains vacation, sick leave; generates checks; and researches and produces special reports.
• Manage accurate and timely processing of semi-monthly, multi-state payroll
• Audit of data entry & import/export interfaces for employee and pay data change and make any corrections/adjustments
• Review of all payroll-related input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits, compliant with federal & state regulations
• Respond to employees on all payroll-related inquiries in a timely manner to provide excellent customer service
• Handle preparation of manual checks for out-of-cycle payments
• Entry and on-going audit of all tax levies, child supports and garnishments
• Perform reconciliation of Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, ESPP and 401k contributions
• Review of employee completed forms such as W-4 and direct deposit
• Prepare, design and create a variety of complex payroll reports; compile, analyze, calculate and audit information from Time Tracking system; coordinate and administer employee hours/days tracking programs and researches and resolves payroll issues and discrepancies
• Performs payroll-related duties requiring independent judgment and initiative under the stress of strict deadlines. • Must be able to effectively prioritize daily workflow tasks on an independent basis.• Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with minimal oversight •Demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- 5+ years of payroll experience and related accounting/finance experience
- Knowledge of general payroll practices,
- In-depth knowledge or the ability to research multi state pay related practices and local ordinances
- Proficient working with payroll systems that integrate or interface with other systems • Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Skilled with generating ad-hoc reports
- Experience with ADP, tax and labor wage laws preferred.
- Experience with Excel, including formulas, v-look up, and linked spreadsheets
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment • A team player who is able to work with employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
West Los Angeles, CA
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 17:17:37 PDT