Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Manager of Engineering
- Ensure deliver of a quality software product through:
- Functional, user acceptance, and regression test scripts & cases that capture business need & workflows
- Automated tests to streamline testing with an efficient, repeatable pipeline
- Efficient manual testing of new behavior
- Manage bug backlog by:
- Identifying an issue
- Attempting to fix an issue independently
- Escalating major issues to production team with notes of attempted fix
- Produce estimates that are accurate, consistent and achievable that lend to the testing of a quality solution
- Create a rapport, educate best practices, effectively communicate on quality of solutions with the project core team through:
- Comprehensive bug reports with test steps, expected behaviors, and samples
- Standups and in-person meetings
- Client communication to understand client-related issues
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Be able to represent ChaiOne in a professional, business-like manner.
- Come to work regularly and on time.
- Execute work duties in an organized an efficient manner.
- Be able to work well independently and with clients and team members.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and adapt to organizational changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience
- ChaiOne Tool Stack
- Continuous Integration/Delivery Processes
- Basic knowledge of defect management in agile development.
- Good defect writing, classification, and test script writing skills.
- Familiarity with tools, concepts, and methodologies of quality management.
- Knowledge of iOS and Android trends in the mobile industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. General hours are 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Occasional travel to client sites.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ChaiOne helps companies around the world accelerate their business by creating mobile solutions that people love. ChaiOne's mobile solutions capitalize on the dynamic power of smartphones, tablets, and wearables generating a modern way to connect with the new global audience.
We make complex simple; changing the way people work.
The projects ChaiOnauts work on are challenging, dynamic, and cutting-edge. Our culture embraces highly capable, intelligent individuals who want a flexible, casual environments and are unafraid of exploring uncharted mobile tech waters. We don't shy away from the Dragon Gaps, we rock them in Chucks and tshirts while drinking good coffee (and beer).
If you're interested in learning more check us out at chaione.com/careers
Tue, 4 Apr 2017 09:45:06 PDT