Senior AppSec Engineer
TrueVault is looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to join our engineering team. Your mission is simple: harden TrueVault's spectrum of products as much as possible. Ideally you can straddle between application security and infrastructure security. But being an application security guru is a must for this role.
TrueVault's mission is to make storing secure data as simple and as secure as possible. We envision a world where TrueVault is the default data store for all sensitive data, for any kind of application. We are looking for technologists who get excited about data security, application performance, and system reliability to join our tight-knit engineering team to work on challenging problems everyday.
This is an opportunity to join TrueVault at the ground level. You will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on our core product and you will have full ownership of your role.
- Work with development teams to architect products securely
- Proactively find and address security problems
- Be a subject matter expert on application security
- Build internal tools that detect and respond to security issues
- Assess and implement vendor security solutions that support our mission
- Perform security assessments of anything from a physical security system to a complex web applications
- You have worked on security-critical products.
- Experience with applied cryptography.
- Experience implementing and improving infrastructure security measures.
- Expertise with a programming language.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competitive salary and generous equity packages
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- Generous equipment budget
- Personal wellness budget to spend on gym membership, fitness classes, etc.
- Commuter benefits
- Free snacks and drinks
What is TrueVault?
TrueVault is an off-premise, secure data store that enterprises rely on to make their products secure and HIPAA compliant. TrueVault stores healthcare data from mobile health apps, wearable devices, and even genomic research so that our customers don't need to spend their precious time worrying about security, performance, and scalability. More than just a database as a service, TrueVault's proprietary technology allows us to secure our customers' data better than anyone else can (hint: think encryption and global scale slice distribution).
Our mission is to provide the simplest, most secure way for apps and devices to store sensitive data. Simple and secure storage of people's most personal and private information is a huge challenge. That's why we are looking for incredible people (like you perhaps?) to join us.
Who is TrueVault?
TrueVault is a Y Combinator graduated startup based in SoMa San Francisco. We have an incredible group of investors including Paul Buchheit, Mark Pincus, and Bill Tai who have invested more than $3 million dollars because they deeply believe in our mission. We are a group of engineers passionate about data security, API performance, and building products that developers like us love to use. We are looking for a handful of engineering MacGyvers to join our founding team.
Why join TrueVault?
At TrueVault, you will have the opportunity to work in arguably the biggest market opportunity of this coming decade, improve the collection, portability, and security of really critical data, and push the envelop of data portability forward. You'll work on things that haven't been done before. Plus you'll get to choose what you want to work on and develop products that your peers will rely on and love using.
If you want to work at a place that values "getting things done" more than "working the startup hours," talk to us. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people who use the product, you'll find people just like you here. If you want to open source and share what you've built with the world, at TrueVault you can. But most importantly, if you want to work with other incredible minds and welcome the challenges of doing things that've never been done, then we want you to join us. If you are passionate about security, performance, and scalability, TrueVault might be just what you're looking for.
San Jose, CA
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 18:15:47 PDT