Quality Control Engineer (Process Driven) - We're growing!!!!
SP is looking for a passionate, driven, and creative quality leader to take the NY plant to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in process development and quality systems, will be a team builder, and will thrive on building relationships both internally and externally. This leader must thrive on challenging the status-quo, and have a passion for designing, leading, and implementing cross-functional/ process improvements. This leader's primary responsibility will be comprised of managing the root cause and corrective action process, non-conformance processes, and data collection using primary and secondary fault codes for trending.
Most importantly, this candidate must create a culture that embraces change and focuses on continuous operational and process improvements that further enhance the customer experience with SP's products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Apply advanced statistical processing control techniques
• Manage release timelines and document known issues and solutions
• Initiate corrective action for procedural, product or process deficiencies
• Log defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible way, tracking all assigned defects through to closure and interacting with members of the development team to resolve discovered defects
• Work independently with moderate supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• B.S. degree or equivalent work experience, or combination of education and experience required
• 5-7+ years quality engineering or related work experience required
• 1-2+ years of experience defining test strategies, planning, and performing testing activities required
• ASQ Certification preferred (CQE, CQA.)
• Solid knowledge of software testing principles, methodologies, automated testing and terminology
• Ability to evaluate problems of diverse scope
• Through understanding of ISO standards and conformance.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
• Ability to interact with internal and external customers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong MS Office, Outlook, Word, excel and PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge of Agile system
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, and bend, and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
SP Industries, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of laboratory and process equipment serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, scientific, educational, industrial, and OEM markets. It is comprised of leading well known brands representing over 250 combined years of experience, quality and innovation. SP Industries is a global supplier committed to providing the best products and services available to its customers. We offer a world-wide sales and service network with full product support including training and technical assistance.
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 13:06:45 PDT