I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Job Description Summary:
GW’s Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (BMM) has an immediate opening for a skilled laboratory Research Assistant. Our research interest includes Lymphoma and Melanoma biology.
- Sets up and performs routine and established lab procedures in support of lab goals, grant commitments, i.e. assays, cell/tissue culture etc.
- Monitors results, reports unusual outcomes and suggests modifications.
- Collects, enters and summarizes data. Assists in the maintenance of lab equipment and supplies.
- Performs basic statistical data analysis; prepares tables/charts/graphs and assists in organizing data.
- Presents at research laboratory meetings and contributes to writing of manuscripts.
- Works under supervision and may perform some assignments independently as discussed and approved by Principal Investigator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A BA/BS in related discipline is required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Must exhibit a solid understanding of lab techniques, equipment, and safety.
- Must have the ability to organize and carry out laboratory techniques independently and in a team setting.
- Experience with basic data analysis and demonstrated writing skills is highly desired.
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Laboratory Research Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? Posting Number: RP000235 Job Open Date: 02/08/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3