Adjunct Faculty - School of Human Development - Cohort Locations
Pacific Oaks College & Children's School
Grounded in its social justice heritage, Pacific Oaks College prepares students to be culturally intelligent agents of change serving diverse communities in the fields of human development, education, and related family studies. Central to the Quaker tradition and history of Pacific Oaks is the value we place on the individual. This translates into core values we live by at Pacific Oaks of People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making.
SCHOOL OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The adjunct faculty position will provide instruction in the Undergraduate and/or Graduate Human Development degree programs, dependent on highest degree earned and years of experience teaching college level courses.
Instruction positions are located at instructional sites across Southern California counties of greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino. This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of Human Development, who is based out of the main campus in Pasadena.
- Teaching graduate and undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Canvas learning management system
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
- Master's degree in related education or human services field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in education or human services settings
- Exemplary professional experience
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers' Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired through E-Verify.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.