Managed Services - IT Systems Engineer - Client Support
The Lead IT Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning, testing, implementation, and documentation of small to large projects and deployments for new and existing customer base. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for projects, systems analysis, systems design, systems implementation, and systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting single and multi-site Active Directory 2008 or later environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting Microsoft Exchange 2007 or later environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to cabling, routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture).
- Configure both host and guest servers for VMware ESX 5.5 or later.
- Oversight of cloud solutions provided by Midnight Blue to clients, as well as evaluation and recommendation of new cloud solutions.
- Proven customer facing field experience.
- Interact with cross functional teams from Network Engineering and vCIO to review product requirements, functional specifications, and detailed designs.
- Act as an escalation point as issues arise across all projects. Provide recommendations on courses of action for these problems, both technical and non-technical.
- Assist in conflict resolution as needed across all projects.
- Identify when others may have communication gaps or struggles and assist in managing communications more effectively and timely.
- Mentor and motivate team members, especially in taking responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Assist in capturing and documenting Lessons Learned in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Continuously analyze and contribute to the improvement of project management and technical processes.
- Assist in the project post analyses.
- Stay on top of current technologies and industry trends.
- Develop technology proposals and assessments
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to be flexible with work hours and responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN networks and network design
- Employee must be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
- Possesses ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Possesses ability to interpret variety of instructions furnished in written/oral/diagram/schedule form.
- Ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books and relevant publications.
- Possesses ability to work in fast paced and changing environment.
- Possesses excellent telephone skills in leading users to solutions.
- Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals, is cost conscious.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience and expertise working with the following technologies. Certifications highly recommended.
- - TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, and firewalls
- - Active Directory environments
- - Microsoft Exchange environments
- - SonicWALL
- - VMware
Salary based on experience and qualifications. Generous bonus plan included. Healthcare and Retirement plans included.
Since 2005, Midnight Blue has been focused on serving the IT needs of small businesses in the Pittsburgh region. We are growing and adding more people to our team.
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 05:34:51 PDT