Federal Financial Consultant
Lynch Consultants is a growing firm in the Washington DC area providing services and solutions to Department of Defense, Federal Government and commercial clients. Our support services include business process improvement, program management, audit preparation and readiness, financial systems analysis and reconciliation, accounting, and budget preparation and execution. We are recruiting personnel with the ability to support our engagements in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's Degree; preferred majors are Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems Management or similar.
• 1-3 years of experience supporting or working in a Federal government or DoD organization (must have experience working in Federal environment as contractor, military, or civil service).
Additional, desired background:
• Federal financial management, accounting, or auditing experience.
• Business process improvement; work experience with business process re-engineering, including the identification and designation of key and non-key controls, process cycle documentation, as well as corrective action plan development and implementation.
• Strong analytical skills, including analyzing large data sets, trend analysis, identification and resolution of risks and issues, developing mitigation plans to address identified risks.
• Knowledge of and experience working with DoD Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) or Financial Improvement Program (FIP) guidance.
• Experience preparing financial statements and/or performing financial statement audits.
• Support of the general ledger closing cycle, inventory control management, and/or Treasury and financial reporting.
• Possess or have the ability to receive and maintain a DoD security clearance.
• Professional certifications: CPA, CISA, PMP, CGFM, CDFM, etc.
• Knowledge of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) circulars and bulletins, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) requirements/guidelines.
Lynch Consultants offers rich and comprehensive benefits and wellness programs in addition to competitive salaries for all employees. Benefits package includes employee health, dental and vision insurance at no cost to the employee, 401k Profit Sharing and Safe Harbor Match, professional development and certification programs, CPE reimbursement, gym memberships, commuter and dependent care programs.
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 13:44:59 PDT