Associate or Full Professor of General Dentistry
The University of Kentucky is seeking a general dentist to provide quality dental care to both children and adults in a variety of community outreach and mobile outreach sites as well as at the primary site in Madisonville, KY. Dental care may be provided in traditional brick-and-mortar dental clinics, on-board mobile dental units, and/or in other non-traditional models such as lap-to-lap in daycare centers. This Clinical Title series faculty position will be under the supervision of the UK College of Dentistry Division of Adult, Pediatric and Public Health Dentistry.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to direct, high-quality patient care, community relations, and other duties specific to individual community projects and contracts. This includes some administrative duties including supervising staff. In this capacity, the dentist must develop productive working relationships with a variety of constituencies including, but not limited to, medical and dental faculty and staff, UK HealthCare leadership, local physicians and dentists, community officials, hospital officials, school and community leaders, etc. In addition, the individual in this position will be expected to participate in resident education including in providing lectures and consultations to medical residents and students as well as direct clinical oversight of dental students and residents. The individual may also develop an area of scholarship that is commensurate with their other responsibilities. As the regional dental program continues to grow and develop, there may be other activities and duties assigned that would fit with the University's pillars of education, research, service and engagement.
Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please include letter of interest (upload under cover letter) and curriculum vitae. Also provide the names and contact information for three references when prompted in the application. This information may be utilized to solicit recommendation letters from your references within the employment system.
Associate or Full Professor of General Dentistry
7A800:DENTISTRY ORAL HEALTH SCIENCE
Hopkins County, KY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
DMD, DDS, or BDS from a CODA accredited institution or proof of graduation from a non CODA accredited dental school and evidence that the degree makes the candidate eligible to practice dentistry in the jurisdiction from which the applicant graduated.
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Unrestricted or faculty-limited Kentucky dental license
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Journal of Public Health Dentistry
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter