Senior IT Engineer
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR POSITION IF YOU DO NOT RESIDE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY
Network Engineer (NE)
- Depth of expertise and current hands-on practical experience for 7 to 10 years (setup, configuration, deployment, production support and problem troubleshooting/resolution) for:
- Active Directory, Exchange, VMWare ESX/vSphere/vCenter, Storage Systems (SANs, NASs, etc.), Windows Server (and Small Business Server) for 2003 through current versions (strong knowledge/experience in most current versions is necessary); LINUX experience is a plus but not necessary.
- Solid Networking configuration and troubleshooting knowledge/skills with Switches, Routers, Firewalls, etc.; Working knowledge of ACLs, Routing ... etc.
- Network attached devices including NAS, printers, faxes, scanners, etc.;
- Storage Area Network (SAN) experience, ideally with Isilon, Pure Storage, NexGen & HP SAN solutions;
- Other specifics like DNS, WINS, DHCP, POP/SMTP/IMAP, Scripts, TCP/IP, SNMP, RADIUS and related protocols are a must.
- Experience configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting server and workstation data backup systems a big plus.
- Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp experience a big plus.
- Must be detail oriented and has ability to analyze broader scope of the issue and/or project.
- Someone with current hands-on server side skills with good depth in those specific areas who has lots of practical/current production experience in proper configuration and troubleshooting with all the above. It's more common to find people who have setup and deployed these things and can do the mundane/routine maintenance to keep it operational, but it's another level of skills and experience for someone to really be able to diagnose problems and troubleshoot/resolve them, and do experienced based complete design and configuration/re-configuration of these things. It's the latter person/skill-set we're looking for in the above technologies. Very hands-on, very knowledgeable, great depth in these technologies, not someone who only knows the surface of these technologies, or has only managed other experts in these technologies.
- Someone who has a background in client facing on-site helpdesk support (not remote/phone support) would be a big plus but is not required, but we want someone who has far outgrown doing helpdesk support and now has all the back-end and other experience listed here as well.
- Current and practical experience in technical project and people management is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to define, organize and manage these types of projects with outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to take initiative, follow up and follow through while juggling multiple/simultaneous projects/tasks and clients, is a must. Ability to keep very busy IT Staff in a Matrix Organization that are pulled daily in multiple directions on task and on target for project deadlines is critical.
- General Project Planning & Budgeting skills and experience, as well as project planning (work breakdown structures, etc.); project and technical team leadership/management; working with/under a project management methodology; takes full accountability and responsibility for the entire project are all desired for this position.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Someone who can be client-facing, work independently in the field and in-house, and effectively communicate with senior management, non-technical end users, technical staff, and technical third party vendors.
- Excellent ability to adapt to new client and network environments/situations. Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and follow up and follow through while juggling multiple/simultaneous projects/tasks and clients.
- Will be a team player, follow company policies and is willing to put forth extra effort as needed when needed.
- Looking for a full time position, but available to start as a consultant. If the right candidate can earn our trust and faith in their abilities we would look to convert to a full time employee in 1-3 months.
- Will only consider applicants that reside in the Los Angeles area.
Our Mission is Simple
... to provide the fastest, friendliest, most qualified technical support for computer networks of any size. Our focus: the needs of the business and users not machines.
We provide high-level systems integration for businesses and schools nationwide. We are a solutions-oriented company with unusually well qualified, service oriented network and systems engineers.
At Generation IX, a love for computers, a hunger for technological challenges, and rock solid credentials are only the beginning.
From planning to implementation to regular onsite and remote support, Generation IX is, both the MIS department for businesses that do not have their own dedicated IT staff and the high-level support service for companies with an IT staff.
Technology Advisory & Consulting
Systems Planning & Integration
End-User Technical and Help Desk Support
Regular/Recurring Onsite & Remote Support Visits
Network Design and Architecture
LAN/WAN/Wireless Solutions and Internet Access
Hardware and Software Sales & Support
Targeted Executive & Staff Training
Web Design and New Media Services
Remote Support and Troubleshooting
Pro-Active System Monitoring & Maintenance
Los Angeles, CA
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 11:13:46 PDT