Data Architect Informatica Business Intelligence - ETL
Seeking Data Warehouse Architect for reputable banking services company in Dallas. This is a contract-to-hire position with excellent benefits, PTO, 401K match and work/life balance. The DW Architect-Informatica BI will be responsible for architectural decisions and practices that contribute to the design and construction of moderate to large complexity data warehouses and marts. S/he will also participate in establishing information management standards for lines of business or for the entire System.
MUST BE: US Citizen or Green-Card holder to apply
- Creates robust, extensible data architecture for moderate to high complexity systems.
- Works with a line of business to derive the requirements for information management, including data organization, inventory, and security constraints.
- Considers operational and long-term maintenance when designing solutions.
- Performs analysis on data and access patterns to determine constraints.
- Produces design artifacts that express and justify the architecture solution and is able to communicate to other Information Technology resources.
- Establishes and ensure data architecture standard through design reviews. Responsible for establishing software standards for system and participates in establishing standards for lines of business or System.
- Researches, evaluates and selects various data management and development tools and components for use.
- Maintains an up-to-date perspective of the information management industry including design and architectural patterns, best practices, industry trends and technology trends.
- May work independently or with others as a contributor or a group leader for cross-functional teams.
- At least three systems that are in production use.
- At least three years of development experience with industry leading ETL tools, including support of processes that run on that platform in a production environment.
- Informatica PowerCenter is required.
- At least five years of experience using relational database technology, including SQL query writing and the creation and maintenance of database constructs such as tables, views, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL is required and experience with Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with data modeling (Entity-Relationship diagrams), including normalized and dimensional.
- Experience with either of the more common data warehouse architectures, the bus matrix (Kimball) and Corporate Information Factory (Inmon, et al).
- Experience with different types of data stores, such as for analytical and operational usage.
- Process experience in requirements management, change management, and software configuration management
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by prior experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting (e.g. korn, bash) required.
- Database administrator or database developer experience a plus.
- Experience with industry leading Business Intelligence tools a plus.
- Experience with utilizing Unified Process, Scrum or Kanban as a development methodology a plus.
- Experience working with geographically-distributed teams a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Management Information Systems is required.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Management Information Systems a plus.
- Certified Data Integration or Data Architecture Professional or equivalent certification a plus.
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) or equivalent certification a plus.
Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted.
Agile Premier is a privately-owned recruiting firm that specializes in Information Technology recruiting. The company is headquartered in Addison, TX (Dallas suburb) and has an additional office in Fort Worth, TX. Agile Premier is the market leader for placing key contributors and leaders within the software development life cycle, business intelligence solutions, data management, systems and network engineering, ERP, and content management / team collaboration space.
Agile Premier's internal team consists of the top performing recruiters in the industry who focus solely on building long-term relationships with Information Technology professionals. Our recruiting specialties include but are not limited to .NET, PHP, SharePoint, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server, SSIS/Informatica, Cisco, Java, VMWare, Citrix, Oracle/SQL Server database, and much more.
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 10:33:59 PDT