Online Editor/Managing Editor
Ingram's, a nationally recognized business magazine based in Kansas City with a readership of 100,000 (print), is seeking to hire an experienced, energetic, detail-oriented and established leader to spearhead its editorial content and to manage its content, research and design online and print team. The Managing and Online Editor will work the editorial team to oversee its content, expand and manage Ingram's online offerings, and grow the organization's total audience.
• Manage the existing editorial, research and production and design team and to interview, hire and further develop, train and manage new employees to maintain daily, weekly and monthly content, online and publication deadlines.
Manage a pool of correspondents, contributors and content producers to ensure a steady flow of deep, well-reported content to build Ingram's online and print audience.
• Develop and execute the magazine's interactive strategy for repurposing existing editorial material online and develop online-specific content.
• Implement search-engine marketing strategy to grow the online audience.
• Work with Web developers to refine Ingram's existing online properties.
• Execute a social-media plan to build the audience at Ingram's newly redesigned site.
• Monitor and track the publication's online trends, and optimize content strategies for print and online in response to analytics.
• 5+ years in digital-media management, journalism background preferred.
3+ years of experience as a Managing Editor
• Bachelor's degree in journalism-related field and/or equivalent work experience. Master's degree recommended.
• Proven ability to lead a team of Web-oriented professionals and print journalists.
• Experience with analyzing traffic data to develop audience strategies for an infrastructure of online Websites.
• Proficient with Wordpress installations, HTML/CSS, and social-media management tools.
• Experience working with Web developers and content teams to build online communities.
Ingram's Magazine is Kansas City premier business publication and has been for the past 40 years. With more than 105,000 influential and affluent monthly readers and 25,000 additional readers of Ingram's Quarterly Reports and reprint sections, Ingram's Magazine has earned the respect of top executives in the Kansas City area, as well as one of the highest readership profiles of any business magazine, business journal or daily newspaper in North America.
Aside from regular reporting, Ingram's features prestigious monthly specials highlighting some of Kansas City's top business people, including 40 Under Forty, 20 in Their Twenties, Corporate Report 100 and Industry Outlook.
Kansas City, MO
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 15:30:23 PDT