ETL Developer/DBA with Teradata and Informatica Experience
Job Title: DBA with Teradata and Informatica Experience
Required Location: Atlanta, GA (Applicants outside of Atlanta will not be considered)
Searching for an experienced developer, whose primary responsibility will be developing load scripts for sourcing data into a marketing-managed data mart that will support reporting and advanced analytics.
This resource will be responsible for the following core tasks:
- Design and coding of scripts for extracting and loading data into departmental data marts using one or more of the following design approaches:
- Develop BTEQ wrapped-SQL load scripts optimized for Teradata and/or Aster environment and executed via a scheduling tool such as Tivoli.
- Design of Informatica ETL processes for loading data into departmental data marts.
- Design and build out of Tivoli schedules for the purpose of scheduling one time and recurring executions of the Informatica workflows or SQL load scripts.
- Design and build-out of Unix shell scripts, as needed.
- Provide production support of data solutions, including troubleshooting production failures, script revisions and reviews, status notifications and on-going support of development activities.
Functions and Skills:
- Advanced SQL script development experience required. Must have demonstrated experience writing load scripts for optimized performance in a Teradata environment. Experience with Aster and/or TD 1700 appliance is a significant advantage.
- Intermediate Informatica experience preferred. Using toolsets (fast export, fast load, etc.) v8.5 or greater for building out workflows to be managed via a Tivoli Schedule.
- SAS experience required.
- Intermediate/Advanced Unix shell scripting knowledge required
- Working knowledge of Tivoli or other comparable scheduler tools and ability to create schedules for managing data loads.
- Ability to work with development team to determine script load dependencies and then build out the production Tivoli schedule.
- Strong technical analysis background required; ability to troubleshoot issues, determine root/cause, define and implement a correction.
- Ability to facilitate and lead discussions related to technical processes for the purpose of root/cause analysis and determining process activities which must be performed (and in what sequence) in order to execute load processes and/or recover from failures.
- Ability to document technical/operational processes (Informatica, Tivoli, etc...) and run book procedures.
- Work with end user and internal teams to define data and technical requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment, which includes the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Intermediate experience (3-5 years) designing physical data models (star/snowflake schemas), preferably for use with BI applications such as Tableau or Cognos, strongly preferred but not required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferred, but not required
Anteris Consulting is a full-service management consulting firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA and servicing clients throughout the United States. Our core competency is in comprehensive project execution and benefits realization. We hire experienced consultants who are interested in working in small teams that have high impact on our clients' businesses. We offer both contract consulting and full-time hire options to our consultants.
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 11:46:25 PDT