IT/Software Development Supervisor
GENERAL DUTIES: This position provides primarily independent support, reports to the Business Operations Director and supervises the Management Information Systems and Program Information Systems support personnel and processes. The supervisor is responsible to understand and track the major processes, tools and data types by which software developers analyze, develop and maintain a number of business applications. Must understand the major processes, tools and data types by which the Operators analyze, validate and submit labor, materials and other costs related to directives and missions, as well as other mission-related support. Ensures timeliness and accuracy of the semi-monthly upload from the prganization to the Government's Job Order Cost System. Resolves customer concerns with regard to mission-related and directive-related costs; ensures that any cost adjustments or other changes to the cost-related records have a documented authorization.
- Understand the major processes, tools and data types by which the software developers analyze, develop and maintain a number of business applications
- Coordinate and ensure professional quality of development and maintenance support for software modules that comprise the systems responsibility as well as related data tables.
- Ensure proper documentation of all major processes utilized within system support environments.
- Provide guidance, and enable function-specific training for Programmer Analysts or users as needed and authorized.
- Understand the major processes, tools and data types by which the Operators analyze, validate and report labor materials and other costs for directives and mission support.
- Ensure that operators are hired and retained who have the knowledge to validate and process the system cost data.
- Coordinate and ensure timeliness and professional quality of MIS Operations data products to the system office, and other customers as required.
- Ensure software support is available to respond to operator requirements.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the semi-monthly system upload and related data products from the organization.
- Represent the interests and capabilities of the organization's teams in customer inquiries, in business meetings, and across functional elements of the O&M contract and its customers as required.
- Attend Configuration Control Board (CCB) for software Change Request (CR) presentation, review and approvals
- Attend Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) for software and quality process reviews and actions
- Coordinate and provide guidance as needed for development, modification and maintenance of software products as required in the major O&M business practices and processes. Includes gaining familiarity with all major module capabilities, IA rules, and local software quality processes.
- Maintain a respectful and professional team environment.
- Ensure a productive working relationship between developers, operators, customers, and other internal organizations.
- Develop and maintain personal knowledge and understanding of the data and processes in support of both business cost and resource tracking.
- Work with process customers to document either new requirements or changes to requirements
- Analyze data reports, and determine the validity of customer concerns about challenged JON cost reports.
- Support for decisions affecting the accountability for audit of system input records.
- Gain and maintain familiarity with the primary Government instructions and laws that affect the determination of authorized customer costs.
- Support process improvement in any and all areas.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: This position requires familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures in the software development field. The MIS Supervisor position requires recent and relevant experience in management of software development, preferably with knowledge and skills in Microsoft SQL and .NET. Also strongly desire some knowledge of accounting and finance procedures in support of the JOCAS records process. A Bachelor's Degree in a related business field of study is highly desirable along with a minimum of five years of related supervisory experience.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. Supports ETTC operational objectives. Observes company Quality, Safety, Environmental, Security and Administrative policies; supports Process Improvement.
TRS is a full service technical recruiting firm specializing in highly technical, executive, and operational recruiting.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 10:46:31 PDT