System Engineer - IT Support
The Continuous Mission
Our Mission is to build and maintain the most versatile and flexible cloud and office technology environments that achieve the highest of availability. In other words, we make sure our clients can work and be productive from anywhere in the world. We achieve this not only through our passion for creating the best cloud technology and providing the best onsite support but most importantly through the incredible working relationships we build with our clients.
Working with Continuous
We live & breathe technology and therefore know what it means to be flexible. We understand that technology doesn't start at 9am and end at 5pm, 5 days a week. Technology is always on and that technology expects a lot from the people who support it. We've built an environment that allows you to work from wherever you are.
There is no typical day in technology, which we love! This means things never get boring. A Continuous System Engineer's day could like any of the following:
- Office days - these are days we are in the office almost all day. We spend time working on projects and working with other members of the team on various items. Sometimes we go out for lunch, sometimes we eat lunch at our desks. On our "yummy days" ( days where the company buys you lunch ), we eat together with the rest of the team
- Data center days - the life of a Continuous System Engineer means spending time at the data center. When we say "get your hands dirty", we mean it literally. On data centers days, we are building new servers, replacing parts in existing servers or just hanging out with our data center staff. Often times these days are spent half at the data center and half at the office
- Client days - these are days where we get to go see a clients that we love. When that client is in New York City, it typically takes the entire day. We bring our laptops so that we can work on anything from anywhere (client conference room, starbucks, a restaurant)
- Work From Home Fridays - We all work from home on Fridays. We consider this to be a privilege, not a right. If you love what you do, this is a great day to crank out a ton of work with very few distractions. One of the best parts is already being at home once the day comes to an end.
Positive culture is about positive behavior. At Continuous, everyone works hard to create an environment of learning, growing and collaboration. This means that we work together in teams to create only the best experience possible for our clients and for each other. Coming to work should be fun. It's GOOD to love what you do but it's GREAT to love who you do it with. Working with people you love builds trust and our individual and collective success comes from the trust we build with each other and with our clients.
The ideal addition to our team is someone who truly loves technology. We have been building, supporting and engineering new cloud infrastructures since the late nineties. We love exploring new tech and seeing what it can do for our clients. We spend a great deal of our time "in the trenches" getting our hands dirty.
Let's be honest, the life of a technology person can be stressful; from demanding clients to aggressive deadlines to late nights working on a project. You have to love technology in order to get up every day and do this work. Likewise, you want to do it with people who are as awesome as you are and will help you grow, as you help them grow. To be part of the Continuous Team, you have to love technology. You also have to have a strong desire to expand your skills and become a better engineer. Who wants to sit around doing the same thing day in and day out, year after year? Nobody at Continuous wants that.
You want to work here because this describes you and if it does, we are dying to meet you.
You can't know everything. We get that. On the flip side, you can't do this job without have experience in our field. Becoming a great technologist takes time but it is important that you are very familiar with the basics of the technologies we use. You should have at least 3-5 years experience working in Desktop and Server Support roles, which include the following:
- Hyper-V, VMware and/or Xen (we use primarily Hyper-V) - REQUIRED
- Windows 2012 R2
- Windows 2008
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Exchange 2013/2010
- Microsoft Office
Linux Server Operating Systems
- CentOS 6, 7 - PREFERRED
- Debian 7, 8 - PREFERRED
- Microsoft SQL Server (Preferred)
- Juniper and Cisco Switchs
Firewall and Security
- Sophos, Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX and other SMB Firewalls
- Anti-virus software
- Malware Software
- Full understanding of IPv4 subnetting - REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of IPv6 - A Plus!
Benefits and Perks
Competitive salaries. Flexible Vacation. Full Healthcare including Vision and Dental Benefits. Fun and Collaborative Work Environment. Weekly Free Lunch. Work from Home Fridays. Learning and Development Environments.
Continuous Networks, LLC is a locally owned IT company specializing in making IT Personal. Continuous was started in 1997 as a web hosting company, providing organizations with Windows and Unix cloud hosting. Continuous became increasingly aware of the need for small businesses to offload their internal IT applications from in-house data closets to data centers with redundant power and networks and built their first datacenter in 2004. With the increasing reliance on hosted technologies now called the cloud, Continuous expanded its services to include personal IT consulting, hardware procurement and provisioning, and MSP services built upon our advanced cloud technologies and expertise. For over 15 years, Continuous has helped companies expand past their IT closet with Cloud technologies, such as daily backups and high availability. Continuous has 15 employees and 24/7 monitoring. Continuous manages over 1,000 servers, representing 1,000 companies across 100 countries worldwide.
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 18:29:28 PDT