SQL Development DBA
The SQL Developer is tasked to provide operational database systems support required to conduct our business, and maintain revenue assurance. We are looking for a Senior DBA with Development, Administration, and Business Intelligence experience. The SQL Developer will perform a variety of database programming and administration assignments including but not limited to the list below in an Agile SDLC environment.
- Understand and support SQL Server disaster recovery strategies, including log shipping, and clustering.
- Monitor and maintain existing Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, and 2012 database environments.
- Manage database source code and builds
- Assist in troubleshooting data-related production issues
- Support existing enterprise data warehouse environment, including SSIS flows and SSAS cubes
- Assist in maintaining SQL Server security and user administration.
- Create and maintain T-SQL tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and functions.
- Create and maintain SSRS reports.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Work independently or as part of a team on assigned task and complete in a timely manner.
- Follow and develop processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency of DBA tasks are maintained.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, & 2012
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Security and User administration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services and ability to create reports.
- Ability to follow processes and maintain accuracy and completeness while interacting with mission critical systems.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical users.
- Experience with log shipping and failover clustering.
- Experience with SSIS and SSAS is a plus.
- Familiarity with data warehousing.
- Experience with SSRS.
- Experience with JD Edwards is a plus
Agile Premier is a privately-owned recruiting firm that specializes in Information Technology recruiting. The company is headquartered in Addison, TX (Dallas suburb) and has an additional office in Fort Worth, TX. Agile Premier is the market leader for placing key contributors and leaders within the software development life cycle, business intelligence solutions, data management, systems and network engineering, ERP, and content management / team collaboration space.
Agile Premier's internal team consists of the top performing recruiters in the industry who focus solely on building long-term relationships with Information Technology professionals. Our recruiting specialties include but are not limited to .NET, PHP, SharePoint, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server, SSIS/Informatica, Cisco, Java, VMWare, Citrix, Oracle/SQL Server database, and much more.
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 10:32:46 PDT