IT Assistant, Levels 1 & 2 (Hourly)
I.T. Assistants perform entry-level professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Assistants work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar based on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving minor technology problems, monitoring activities, and maintaining documentation. They have latitude for independent initiative and judgment, under supervision.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Information Technology Department is currently accepting applications for two (2) part-time (25-hours/week) IT Assistant positions. Under the supervision of the Help Desk Supervisor, the successful candidates will perform the following:
- Provide phone, remote PC and in-person technology support as part of a Help Desk team for operating systems, ERP (CUNYfirst) platforms, web applications, and PC/Mac/Printer/network issues.
- Provide support to Windows and Mac OS clients in a network environment, plus MS Office Suite, and well-known browsers.
- Prepare documentation; update assigned work orders and knowledge base with issues and resolutions.
- Support optimal operation of the IT department support team through timely problem resolution, escalation and follow up.
- Provide occasional field support to end users.
- Participate in technology project teams.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- A minimum of six months of full-time experience in a computer or technology-related position. Experience that is more than 20 hours per week and less than 35 hours per week may be counted at 50% of the requirement (i.e., two months of part time experience equal to one month full time experience)
- Additional experience and/or education that can be met by ONE of the following: An additional three years and six months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; an Associate's degree plus 18 months of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This title has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Two (2) or more years experience working in a Call Center providing technical support
- Experience with Mobile Devices and Tablets (Android, iOS)
- Experience with Service Desk Management Software and/or People soft CRM trouble ticket management systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a high demand environment
- Ability to manipulate data to generate reports using Excel and Crystal Reports
- Strong understanding of Service Delivery and ITIL concepts
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification
- Availability to work evening and weekend hours
Level 1 - New Hire: $22.54/hr*
Level 2 - New Hire: $25.56/hr
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Listings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references
Open until filled (Search Reopened)
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hostos Community College
Job Title: IT Assistant, Levels 1 & 2 (Hourly)
Job ID: 14942
Full/Part Time: Part-Time