IT Associate, Levels 1-3 (Provisional) - Administrative Applications Analysis
I.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.
I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The Office of Computing and Information Services (CIS) at the City University of New York (CUNY) support the IT and Telecommunications needs of CUNY's 24 colleges. CIS supports enterprise IT and applications; develops new technologies that advance University's core mission; builds, upgrades and maintains the University's network; operates the University's Data Center and help desk; develops disaster recovery and business continuity plans; and leads the CUNYfirst Enterprise Resource Planning Project (ERP), which integrates 25 university systems, covering student administration, financial management, and human resources. Within CIS, the Application Services unit provides strategic and operational leadership with respect to the design, development, support, and maintenance of business applications. The unit works closely with senior leaders to ensure a strong alignment between application solutions/services and CUNY business needs.
Reporting to the Administrative Applications Support Manager, the Administrative Applications Analyst will support various enterprise software applications (for example, Axway SecureTransport, Central Office Time and Leave System, Clearwell, CUNY Alert, CyberShift, DegreeWorks, Ideate, Resource 25, Terra Dotta), provide support to users, and assist in the administration of the systems.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Documents, investigates and resolves application issues in collaboration with college personnel, CIS colleagues, and campus and Central Office Service Desks as well as support personnel from vendors.
- Develops and maintains application documentation, especially any configurations and customizations.
- Proposes, implements, and maintains technical and procedural changes to applications.
- Understands and monitors the workflows and interfaces between supported applications and other source and target systems.
- Prepares and assists in the analysis of application data for inclusion in reports.
- Serves as a technical resource in all aspects of systems, networking, and communications related to applications.
- Plans and executes application upgrades.
- Prepares, executes, and records results of test plans to ensure applications' functionalities are not compromised by the introduction of upgraded or new components.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
- Demonstrated English Language proficiency
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency with SQL and experience with scripting languages (for example, Bash, Java, Perl, PHP, PowerShell, Python)
- Familiarity with supporting applications in UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture and cross platform integrations.
- Understanding of networking concepts (for example, firewall routing rules, NATs, port numbers), load balancing, and DNS.
- Understanding of web servers (for example, Apache, IIS), application servers (for example, ColdFusion, Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere).
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Crystal Reports, MS SQL, FTP client software.
- Familiarity and comfort with Project Management methodologies.
- High aptitude for complex problem analysis and resolution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work productively as an individual contributor and collaboratively as a team member in a time-sensitive, solution-oriented, customer-responsive, and team-oriented environment.
- Experience working in a university environment and/or the public sector.
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings or weekends as necessary.
Level 1: $66,710
Level 2: $73,609
Level 3: $82,813
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin February 24, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: IT Associate, Levels 1-3 (Provisional) - Administrative Applications Analysis
Job ID: 16341
Full/Part Time: Full-Time