Student Athletics Trainer
This position will report to the Director of Athletics at The City College of New York. In addition to the Overview duties, the Student Athletics Trainer will:
- Manage the quality of the Athletic Training Program for all varsity athletic programs and club sports.
- Oversee the Athletics Training and Strength & Conditioning Services Unit.
- Coordinate medical services during practices and competitions throughout the academic year.
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of appropriate athletic injury care records and reports as required following all NCAA, HIPPA, and NATA guidelines.
- Provide First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training and certification sessions for staff.
- Follow and enforce all Institutional, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and City of University of New York Athletic Conference (CUNYAC) medical policies and procedures.
Work schedule includes early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- National Athletic Trainers Association Certification
- Certified by a nationally recognized Strength and Conditioning association, as a strength/conditioning coach
- Certificated Athletic training experience
- NCAA College campus experience with multiple sports coverage
- Certified to instruct First Aid, CPR, and AED
- A thorough understanding of budgets, purchasing, and insurance claims processing
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance policies
- A strong professional presence and effective written and oral communication skills
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops, coordinates and administers a comprehensive training and sports medicine program for intercollegiate sports and provides related professional and administrative services.
- Develops and maintains a program of preventive physical care for student-athletes; and coordinates physical examination screenings
- Supervises treatment and referral of injuries and interfaces directly with medical personnel in the treatment of such athletes; coordinates rehabilitation programs; may administer related insurance program(s)
- Determines and ensures the acquisition of safety equipment and supplies applicable to each intercollegiate sport
- Supervises maintenance of statistical records of team injuries and medical data
- Assists coaches in planning and instructing physical training programs for athletes.
- Plans and schedules the purchasing of all sports medical program supplies and equipment within allocated budget parameters
- Recruits, instructs, supervises and reviews the performance of training staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Athletics Trainer
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Student Athletics Trainer
Job ID: 15809
Full/Part Time: Full-Time